American Studies Applicants 2014 Watch

LouiseJHudson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I seem to be the only person applying for American Studies this year!

Feel free to post anything on here in relation to your experiences if you've applied and received offers etc

I'm studying 3 A2's in Media Studies, English Lit and Psychology, and I received ABBC last year (C in AS Sociology). I've been predicted AAA.

I've applied to do American studies (with a year abroad) at Warwick, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leicester and Hull.

My application was sent off just after half term as wanted it off before the swarm of applications in early November.

So I'm happy to say that I have 4 offers so far! And I got them all within a week of my application being sent off!

Hull - BBB
Leicester - ABB
Nottingham - ABB :yeah:
Birmingham - ABB :dance:

I'm so happy! I'm especially happy with Notts and Birmingham as the standard offer was AAB so they must really want me if they lowered it! Plus, I've been offered a Chancellor's scholarship if I go to Leicester

I'm still waiting for Warwick and I have hope, but at the same time I really don't mind if I get an offer. As I'm pleased enough with getting Notts and Birmingham.

The only problem now is choosing between them

Louise
xxx
Spacey368
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There seem to be bucket loads of American Studies applicants on the UEA 2014 applicants thread.
holliemac1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd love to hear from more students applying for American Studies at Hull
Fishoutofwater
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is American studies? I'm American, doing A levels, do you study me? x)
Spacey368
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fishoutofwater)
I don't do American studies (nor am I applying ) But year I'm assuming that American Studies students 'study' you! [s]dance[s/]
Spacey368
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fishoutofwater)
I don't do American studies (nor am I applying ) But year I'm assuming that American Studies students 'study' you!
EthAmStuds
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by holliemac1)
I'd love to hear from more students applying for American Studies at Hull
Hey! My name is Ethan and I accepted my offer from Hull last month, if you go we might be in the same class!
holliemac1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EthAmStuds)
Hey! My name is Ethan and I accepted my offer from Hull last month, if you go we might be in the same class!
I put hull as both my firm & insurance choice so as long as I get the grades that's where I'm going, that would be great to actually speak to/know someone beforehand.. I'm the only person applying for this course at my school. Let me know if you want to Facebook or anything
EthAmStuds
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by holliemac1)
I put hull as both my firm & insurance choice so as long as I get the grades that's where I'm going, that would be great to actually speak to/know someone beforehand.. I'm the only person applying for this course at my school. Let me know if you want to Facebook or anything
I've posted my twitter and stuff on your profile/wall thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads