The Student Room Group

Edgehill nursing 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by fyearing86
I had my interview at edge hill on the 8th of march. I got rejected and the feed back was that I failed my literacy test!!! My interview and numeracy test were fine. I felt the interview went well and it felt really positive. I also found the literacy test fine. I answered all the questions and honestly find it difficult to believe that I scored below 60%! I am feeling disheartened because so far on my access course I have distinctions and just don't know where I went wrong on literacy test. It did say in letter that they cannot give any more feedback but I think I will enquire! Any one else have a similar situation? I have an offer from man met ( they want all distinctions). Got interviews coming up from uom, unclan and Salford so keeping my fingers crossed.

That doesn't sound fair at all! I would definitely try and enquire, when did they give you a decision? I had an interview on the same day and havent heard anything yet
Reply 101
I had my interview at edge hill on the 8th of march. I got rejected and the feed back was that I failed my literacy test!!! My interview and numeracy test were fine. I felt the interview went well and it felt really positive. I also found the literacy test fine. I answered all the questions and honestly find it difficult to believe that I scored below 60%! I am feeling disheartened because so far on my access course I have distinctions and just don't know where I went wrong on literacy test. It did say in letter that they cannot give any more feedback but I think I will enquire! Any one else have a similar situation? I have an offer from man met ( they want all distinctions). Got interviews coming up from uom, unclan and Salford so keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh no, im really sorry to hear that :-(
I was there on the 8th too so probably saw you! What branch were you applying for?
I still haven't heard anything but tweeted edge hill and they said to contact the admissions office if you have any enquiries.
When did you hear from them?

I have an interview on 28th for UCLAN, whens yours? I hope i get into Edge Hill but i thought my interview went terribly and not confident on my literacy either, but think i got all maths right :-D
Reply 102
Hey!
Does anybody know if edge hill offers to put nursing students in the same accommodation block? I know some uni's do this but I'm not sure if edge hill do? Just a query :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by mellybee
I've been waiting four months lol !!! But that's for child branch x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh lord!
I think i would be rocking in a corner crying by now if i had to wait that long :-D my nerves can't take this! X
Reply 104
Original post by Filouch
Oh lord!
I thi

nk i would be rocking in a corner crying by now if i had to wait that long :-D my nerves can't take this! X

I've been waiting since 1st November for adult, don't hold your breath lol! Hope you get the result you want x
Reply 105
I contacted edge hill and they said that it could be April before we hear anything! Even though on the 8th we were told 7-10 days??
Reply 106
Original post by 1laura
I contacted edge hill and they said that it could be April before we hear anything! Even though on the 8th we were told 7-10 days??

Edge hill said April to me too, but they got back to me early march, I think because of the amount of people that applied, it's taking them so long to go through all the applications so they're telling people April. It's such a long time to wait though, I hope you hear back soon! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by 1laura

Nooooo! Dont say that!
I was gonna give them til friday then contact them. Thats so not fair!
Reply 108
Original post by Filouch
Nooooo! Dont say that!
I was gonna give them til friday then contact them. Thats so not fair!

They told me two weeks back in Nov and after me calling and being told id hear within the week I then got an email in Jan saying it would be April, knowing my luck prob the end, not long to go now :wink:
Reply 109
I know they basically said some decisions have been made but for the people that fall in the middle they have to wait until all the interview have finished to give everyone a fair chance
Reply 110
Original post by annalou2006
They told me two weeks back in Nov and after me calling and being told id hear within the week I then got an email in Jan saying it would be April, knowing my luck prob the end, not long to go now :wink:

Oh dear, none of this is filling me with confidence!
Have you got any offers from anywhere else? I still have another interview to go yet, and one still hasnt got back to me with an interview or not. Would love to get in EH though, but highly unlikely as i think i fluffed up the interview badly!
Im applying for adult nursing! I heard three days after. So the fact that you haven't heard anything is positive. Having said that i can see why you feel puzzled as they clearly did say that everyone there would hear something in 7-10 days. Are you doing an access course? My uclan one is on the 11th of April. Good luck with yours!! Do you know much about the interview process there? Have you had interviews any where else?
Reply 112
Im applying for adult nursing! I heard three days after. So the fact that you haven't heard anything is positive. Having said that i can see why you feel puzzled as they clearly did say that everyone there would hear something in 7-10 days. Are you doing an access course? My uclan one is on the 11th of April. Good luck with yours!! Do you know much about the interview process there? Have you had interviews any where else?

Thanks for the good luck. Im sorry again you didnt get a place. No im not doing an access course, im in the first year of a foundation degree in something else!

The UCLAN interview seems very different, you get group interviews where you say something about yourself and then all discuss some pictures that you are shown together. Have to speak up but not control etc if you are quiet the less chance you havr it seems. Then the maths and english tests again.
Seems like you need to know more about nursing rather than yourself for that one. Research role of student nurse i think ;-)
Edge Hill was my first interview and UCLAN will be my second and last i think!
Original post by 1laura
That doesn't sound fair at all! I would definitely try and enquire, when did they give you a decision? I had an interview on the same day and havent heard anything yet

I heard three days after! Good luck with hearing something soon and that it is an acceptance!! They may be waiting until they finish interviews. I know my friend has an interview on the 11th! Just annoying because they did say they would let people know in 7-10 days!!
Reply 114
Ohhh sounds like there being a bit ridiculous there fyearing86. Anyone else heard back??? My 7th day is today but I know ppl have said could be to april so...
Reply 115
Original post by tloulou07
Ohhh sounds like there being a bit ridiculous there fyearing86. Anyone else heard back??? My 7th day is today but I know ppl have said could be to april so...

11th day for me! So im guessing its gonna be april. They said they let you know within 24 hours after the decision is made so theres not much point in contacting them i don't think!
Reply 116
Oh really.. Well no new is good news eh.
Hi got my offer off edge hill in jan after my interview late December. Coming from Wigan x
Reply 118
Sorry to be a pain how long did you wait? Days hrs minutes plz haha only joking but was it 7-10 days or longer?
Reply 119
Original post by tloulou07
Oh really.. Well no new is good news eh.

Thats what im hoping!
Seems like if its a no they tell you in a few days after. So i reckon its a maybe. If theyve made me wait this long andnsay no i may cry! :-D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending