Britain's first Sharia Law zone Watch

askew116
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lications.html

I find this really rather worrying.

Please TSR, don't turn this into an Islam-bashing thread, that's why I haven't posted this in the religion section.

I really hope our criminal justice system has the flexibility and authority to clamp down on this, as despite what some *cough* Al M... *cough* people believe, we are still England, and it's no one's place to impose their own laws.

Discuss.

Edit: I understand this is a Daily Mail article, and their political/religious views tend not to make for good journalism, but if the basic facts of this article are correct, this thread is still valid.
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its the Daily Mail fgs. Post evidence from other RELIABLE news sites for a change..

alsi just realised how the whole article is over 2 years old. Change the record love..
Lord Harold
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The chap needs to be locked up!
tengentoppa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The article is 2 years old.
FubbyTucker
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh look, another hate-mongering article from the daily fail...
Lord Harold
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
Its the Daily Mail fgs. Post evidence from other RELIABLE news sites for a change..
So are you therefore suggesting that none of that happened; are you also suggesting that the Daily Mail, however reliable they may or may not be, hired actors to pose as the people, and put up fake leaflets and fabricated the whole thing, for what exactly?
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sharia law should always be subservient to EU law and there may be some sharia laws that offend gays, feminists or don't comply with our agreements on human rights or climate change mitigation.

IMO it is time the EU strengthens its powers quickly to stop these small scale separatist attempts by parts of European provinces to break away from the true EU framework.
Lord Harold
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It was reported in the Telegraph too.
techno-thriller
Report 5 years ago
2 years old.
username1039383
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lord Harold)
So are you therefore suggesting that none of that happened; are you also suggesting that the Daily Mail, however reliable they may or may not be, hired actors to pose as the people, and put up fake leaflets and fabricated the whole thing, for what exactly?
idc what they did, the daily mail is BS and nothing less

Also Its 2 years old FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! :facepalm:
Lord Harold
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

That is true the Daily Mail is sensationalist, however it is not in their best interests to write a whole article of falsities. I didn't notice that it was 2 years old, however it still shows that there are some very deluded people out there who are willing to do such things.
askew116
Rep:
?

What does the article's age have to do with its relevance?

If you bothered to do a google search on him, you'd see another report of him on the radio, supporting lee rigby's murder.

He is quite obviously a sick individual FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! He and anyone (Muslim or otherwise) who harbour such poisonous views and act on them deserve to have the full force of the law impose justice on them.
Al-farhan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by askew116)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lications.html

I find this really rather worrying.

Please TSR, don't turn this into an Islam-bashing thread, that's why I haven't posted this in the religion section.

I really hope our criminal justice system has the flexibility and authority to clamp down on this, as despite what some *cough* Al M... *cough* people believe, we are still England, and it's no one's place to impose their own laws.

Discuss.

Edit: I understand this is a Daily Mail article, and their political/religious views tend not to make for good journalism, but if the basic facts of this article are correct, this thread is still valid.
I just love how menacing they made them look in those pictures as if to compound the fear-mongering and make sharia more scary !!
askew116
Rep:
?
(Original post by ahmed)
I just love how menacing they made them look in those pictures as if to compound the fear-mongering and make sharia more scary !!
I don't use pictures to make up my mind on such an issue. I read the article, consider all points on both sides, decide which 'side' I feel most comfortable with, based on my own moral and ethical standards, and come to a conclusion.

Frankly, Jamaal Uddin reminds me of Barry from Four Lions, so if I were to decide my views based on pictures, I wouldn't take him seriously at all.
Al-farhan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by askew116)
I don't use pictures to make up my mind on such an issue. I read the article, consider all points on both sides, decide which 'side' I feel most comfortable with, based on my own moral and ethical standards, and come to a conclusion.

Frankly, Jamaal Uddin reminds me of Barry from Four Lions, so if I were to decide my views based on pictures, I wouldn't take him seriously at all.
No rational person decides on matters with pictures alone, but it can't be denied that they made them look as menacing or angry as they'd like
And Barry is a legend off four lions
askew116
Rep:
?
(Original post by ahmed)
No rational person decides on matters with pictures alone, but it can't be denied that they made them look as menacing or angry as they'd like
And Barry is a legend off four lions
I'll give you that. He's freakishly awesome
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Why then do you post on a thread if you don't like it? :facepalm:
username1039383
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ForgetMe)
Why then do you post on a thread if you don't like it? :facepalm:
i can do what i like mate.
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it's ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Outdated article, and apparently putting up silly stickers makes it a "Sharia Zone" whatever that means.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads