my avatar changed
lipslikemorphine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by wag12k12dunkno)
my avatar changed
Anti-bullying week. If you didn't have avatar it changes automatically (for a week i assume)
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As you haven't uploaded or chosen your own avatar, you use the default one. This has changed to the current image in support of Anti-Bullying week (hence ABW).
Jkizer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anti bullying week.

Something which I personally see little point in. Does this mean every other week is bullying week? O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
wag12k12dunkno
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by lipslikemorphine)
Anti-bullying week,
wats that
lipslikemorphine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
wats that
It's pretty self explanatory....

Link on studentroom homepage
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jkizer)
Anti bullying week.

Something which I personally see little point in. Does this mean every other week is bullying week? O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it's a week to promote anti-bullying..
wag12k12dunkno
Rep:
?
this infringes on my rights
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yh blud sue tsr innit.
lipslikemorphine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anti bullying week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get your point but most people probaly wouldn't think about bullying if their not being bullied. It gives people a chance to think about it when the normally wouldn't.

Would you say breast cancer awareness month was pointless? No, because it lets people be more aware, even for only that month.

Well it's a week to promote anti-bullying..
wag12k12dunkno
Rep:
?
i dont agree with anti bullying week i want to change the picture
originaltitle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
m8 your thread's going to be pulled down in just 3 2 1 *blackout*
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anti bullying week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is based to raise awareness, like MacMillan's coffee mornings / children in need / etc.

Don't like it - change your avatar to something you prefer instead.

P.s. You have no automatic rights on TSR, only the rights you are given by the admins.
wag12k12dunkno
Rep:
?
(Original post by rmhumphries)
It is based to raise awareness, like MacMillan's coffee mornings / children in need / etc.

Don't like it - change your avatar to something you prefer instead.

P.s. You have no automatic rights on TSR, only the rights you are given by the admins.
yes i do
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yes i do
Oh yeah? Do enlighten me.
Jkizer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lipslikemorphine)
I get your point but most people probaly wouldn't think about bullying if their not being bullied. It gives people a chance to think about it when the normally wouldn't.

Would you say breast cancer awareness month was pointless? No, because it lets people be more aware, even for only that month.
Anti bullying is promoted every year throughout the year. Teachers always yap on it and every school kid knows about it. Doesn't require a 'special' week dedicated to it. Whereas cancer diagnosis and symptoms has greater informational failure associated with it.

And bullies aren't so stupid to think that this week especially, will suddenly lock them from bullying. If their actions have not been dealt with already, I hardly imagine just because of the 'abw' they will reflect and stop all of a sudden.

From what I know, most schools just carry out an ordinary week. Heck some students in my school 'jokingly' (though I imagine it could hurt some people) taped 'bullying alliance' posters around. Perhaps because it's dealt fairly well at my school but what I'm saying is the schools that don't deal with it so well will have little / no effect.

I understand the week but I just feel it doesn't actually give awareness. I personally think improved teacher training to deal with it is more appropriate solution.
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are the avartars saying "no" saying no to bullying or to the ABW avatars. Not clear/10
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
Are the avartars saying "no" saying no to bullying or to the ABW avatars. Not clear/10
They are meant to be saying no to bullying.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed