Engine rattle / warranty question Watch

vivavangveing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm a bitworried because I've only got 5 months left on my warranty and once again my dealer is making me wait 3weeks for a first appointment. If they string it out/don't fix it before my warranty ends will I be covered because I reported it before it ran out or will I be fully liable for costs? I know 5 months is a long time but they have already messed me around for two months over a simple water leak last winter, which they never actually resolved.
The engine is making a horrible rattle noise that seems to be a prevalent problem from what I've seen online. I thought it might be a cold start thing but it’s actually worse the more I drive. Thanks
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by vivavangveing)
I'm a bitworried because I've only got 5 months left on my warranty and once again my dealer is making me wait 3weeks for a first appointment. If they string it out/don't fix it before my warranty ends will I be covered because I reported it before it ran out or will I be fully liable for costs? I know 5 months is a long time but they have already messed me around for two months over a simple water leak last winter, which they never actually resolved.
The engine is making a horrible rattle noise that seems to be a prevalent problem from what I've seen online. I thought it might be a cold start thing but it’s actually worse the more I drive. Thanks
That garage/dealer seems like a joke.............and it seems like the "warranty" itself means very little to them, once they sold you the car they seem like they aren't very interested at all.

Personally think you should march in there as soon as you can, make a scene about the terrible service your getting from the place and threaten to report them to trading standards or even give talk to some potential customers about your treatment.
vivavangveing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Iqbal007)
That garage/dealer seems like a joke.............and it seems like the "warranty" itself means very little to them, once they sold you the car they seem like they aren't very interested at all.

Personally think you should march in there as soon as you can, make a scene about the terrible service your getting from the place and threaten to report them to trading standards or even give talk to some potential customers about your treatment.
yeah that's exactly what there like but I don't want to annoy them before they fix my car lol
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by vivavangveing)
yeah that's exactly what there like but I don't want to annoy them before they fix my car lol
Well go up to them and demand that you get your warranty and your car fixed properly..........otherwise trading standards
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DaveDavids)
Your quoting the wrong person, I'm not the OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads