Uruguay qualified to the 2014 World Cup. Brazil trembles. Watch

Cirilo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
After having won 5-0 to Jordan at Ammán, Uruguay is 99% qualified to the 2014 Brazil-World Cup. Just a miracle will put Jordan into the World Cup.

In ten minutes Uruguay will be playing against Jordan here at Montevideo, Uruguay. And I'm so close to the Centenario Stadium that I'm sure I'm going to hear the shouts of goal!

The Maracaná's ghost is getting closer, Brazil trembles....

Go URUGUAY!!!
Jjj90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cirilo)
After having won 5-0 to Jordan at Ammán, Uruguay is 99% qualified to the 2014 Brazil-World Cup. Just a miracle will put Jordan into the World Cup.

In ten minutes Uruguay will be playing against Jordan here at Montevideo, Uruguay. And I'm so close to the Centenario Stadium that I'm sure I'm going to hear the shouts of goal!

The Maracaná's ghost is getting closer, Brazil trembles....

Go URUGUAY!!!
Your signature is... spectacular. In a bad way.
Cirilo
Rep:
?
Oh yes it is. But it's not only a signature, it's reality.

I've been told the same, by the way! But we're not here to talk about my signature but to talk about Uruguay.
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think anyone's too scared about Uruguay to be honest.
Solemn Rain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Suarez and Cavani.
Cirilo
Rep:
?
Nobody is too scared about anybody actually manchesterunited15. But I honestly think that what Uruguay did on 1950 at the Maracaná in Brazil was a feat. Turning a final match against the hosts it's not an easy thing. Brazil was injured after that and I think they still do.

Maybe "being scared" is not the sentence that better describes the thread but "being respectful". Sometimes the history and trayectory of a football team matters more than the performance itself.

By the way, we have excellent footballers such as Cavani, Suárez, Forlán, Arévalo-Ríos, Godín, Muslera. I think Uruguay is a team that has to be respected from every point of view, because of both its history and its stars. And as I've just said, history weighs a lot.
Cirilo
Rep:
?
This flag is excellent:

subir imagenes

It translates to: "history must go on" making reference to winning our fifth World Cup.
Mackay
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In what twisted reality do I live in where Olympic gold medals are deemed by FIFA as "world championships"?
Cirilo
Rep:
?
In case you don't know, FIFA acknowledged 1924 and 1928's World Cup won by Uruguay as World Championships. The difference between the Olympic Games before 1930 (date in which the first World Cup was played here in Uruguay) and the FIFA World Cup after 1930 it's just a simple name.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've got Uruguay down as my dark horses with Argentina winning it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads