Weird animals entering your house? Watch

Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My house is just...ugghhh. Glad I'm moving out soon. I've seen rats, mice, ants and I can handle them but the very latest it seems are slugs.

They just creep me the **** out with the way they slither slowly around, leaving slime everywhere. Especially when I pour salt over them, I hate how this disgusting yellowy liquid just ****ing oozes out of them and I just feel like making them extinct on the spot. (Obviously I don't really want to do that, I just really hate them.)

All these animals only enter our kitchen and it makes it all the more disgusting because I've seen a slug simply enjoying itself among our cutlery and in our sink. Like wtf?

Anyway, what weird animals have you seen in your houses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dreamweaver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had a squirrel in my house -.-
Ornlu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pastaferian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
My house is just...ugghhh. Glad I'm moving out soon. I've seen rats, mice, ants and I can handle them but the very latest it seems are slugs.

They just creep me the f*** out with the way they slither slowly around, leaving slime everywhere. Especially when I pour salt over them, I hate how this disgusting yellowy liquid just ****ing oozes out of them and I just feel like making them extinct on the spot. (Obviously I don't really want to do that, I just really hate them.)

All these animals only enter our kitchen and it makes it all the more disgusting because I've seen a slug simply enjoying itself among our cutlery and in our sink. Like wtf?

If you leave a small amount of stale beer out, the slugs will happily seek it out and drown themselves in it. Seems kinder than pouting salt on them.

However, my weirdest moment involved my pet hamster (not strictly a wild animal, of course) which escaped one night, scaled the staircase, clambered up the divan cover, and under the duvet. Being woken by tiny claws creeping across your stomach is pretty freaky!
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've seen scorpions in a house I once stayed in. Juicy black ones in a bathtub!
Pastaferian
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SoftPunch)
Scorpions are now established in the wild in London - I predict we'll be seeing more of them
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pastaferian)
Scorpions are now established in the wild in London - I predict we'll be seeing more of them
London now? :coma: I've seen them in a house in Italy I've stayed in!
Bloxorus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A fox once wondered into my house...

Posted from TSR Mobile
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bloxorus)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder what he was wondering :erm:
TooEasy123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TooEasy123)
Reminds me of that animated movie, I can't remember the title fml.
Jelephant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One time a bird managed to get into the space between the ceiling of our kitchen and the floor of the bathroom. We were all having dinner when we hear this really loud tweeting.... :p:
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a fox enter my garden, but not house!
I had hedgehogs and owls wonder into my garden too!
OP, my cat once put a dead mouse on my table and I've mistaken it for a soft toy :coma:
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If rats, mice, ants and slugs are weird, what are normal animals?

I mean, they're all pretty common house beasts.
Pastaferian
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Quiddi)
had a few mouse who i had to kill
Poor mice
But if you get any more, try any of these (I can guarantee that the first and third types shown will work)... http://humane-mousetrap.org/
Or make your own with a loo roll and a waste bin...
Eva.Gregoria
Rep:
?
If you leave a small amount of stale beer out, the slugs will happily seek it out and drown themselves in it. Seems kinder than pouting salt on them.

However, my weirdest moment involved my pet hamster (not strictly a wild animal, of course) which escaped one night, scaled the staircase, clambered up the divan cover, and under the duvet. Being woken by tiny claws creeping across your stomach is pretty freaky!
Yeah...my mum doesn't do beer. She'd rather stick with salt the old fashioned way.

Well I guess its not as bad if your pet was disturbing you but waking up to tony claws and not knowing who they belonged to must be frightening. Why do you think it came upstairs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eva.Gregoria
Rep:
?
(Original post by SoftPunch)
Gahhh!!! That's definitely worse! How did you handle that? Oh god, I would have probably fainted on the spot. Except I can't faint, its literally impossible for me, I don't know why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does a fox enter your house? Through the front door or window?

Posted from TSR Mobile
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

They just creep me the f*** out with the way they slither slowly around, leaving slime everywhere. Especially when I pour salt over them, I hate how this disgusting yellowy liquid just ****ing oozes out of them and I just feel like making them extinct on the spot. (Obviously I don't really want to do that, I just really hate them.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't classify any of those as "weird." I lived abroad once and we had all that plus mantis, cockroaches, flying cockroaches, swarms of moths, big ****ing wasps which were a lot more nasty than those you get here, and so on. That was interesting.

Poor mice
But if you get any more, try any of these (I can guarantee that the first and third types shown will work)... http://humane-mousetrap.org/
Or make your own with a loo roll and a waste bin...
http://chrisglass.com/journal/images...0920-mouse.jpg
That's quite a clever idea.
Eva.Gregoria
Rep:
?
(Original post by TooEasy123)
:rofl:

I love how the raccoon scans its surroundings first, what could he possibly need a mat for, to wipe his feet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eva.Gregoria
Rep:
?
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
I wouldn't classify any of those as "weird." I lived abroad once and we had all that plus mantis, cockroaches, flying cockroaches, swarms of moths, big ****ing wasps which were a lot more nasty than those you get here, and so on. That was interesting.

That's quite a clever idea.
Oh, when I visit my family abroad, we're no strangers to all sorts of cockroaches, geckos, lizards and even sometimes chickens lol...but its weird in Britain isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads