2nd year-home or accom? Watch

Jessie1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm in my first year and everyone is looking at where to live next year. I have a group of 4 others that I can live with (my current flatmates) who are amazing and we get on really well. But I live a half hour drive away so could easily commute. The main issue I'm having deciding between the two is money as I get barely anything from student finance but am worried my social life would suffer living at home.. Any suggestions or hopefully anyone who's been through this!? Thanks x
jonny667788
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would commute. Could always stay at your flatmates house over freshers or after nights out - maybe offer to pay a couple of £ to do so. After all in second year everyone has a lot more work, so don't worry about the social life too much, and think of the money you're saving!
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally I'd go with your group of friends. You only get this time in your life once, and looking back you'll remember the friends and experiences far more than the money aspect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (17)
35.42%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (14)
29.17%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (9)
18.75%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (3)
6.25%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (5)
10.42%

Watched Threads