Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a first year undergrad at uni now. Basically, my Dad wasn't working in the year that SFE asked us to provide documentation for, so he doesn't have anything. I called them up months ago about this, and the woman on the other end said to just get him to write a letter explaining the details and to sign it, and that'd be enough. I was sceptical, but we did it anyway.

Fast forward to today, and I've switched courses at the same uni, but I'm not getting any grant at all. I checked online and it just does not mention the grant in the slightest. Is there anything that can be done? I really need the grant and I honestly don't know what to do. I'm going to try calling tomorrow, so I hope it goes well.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

If your father was in receipt of any benefits for the tax year 2011/12, we would require evidence of this (such as a benefits award letter) in order to assess your Maintenance Grant entitlement.

If your father had no income of his own, as long as your father completed a PFF2 form, we should be able to review your entitlement. If you father has yet to return a PFF2 form, this is available from - http://bit.ly/12m5WkC

If your father has already provided a PFF2 form (as well as your mother / father's partner) please call us on 0845 300 5090 for assistance.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi there,

If your father was in receipt of any benefits for the tax year 2011/12, we would require evidence of this (such as a benefits award letter) in order to assess your Maintenance Grant entitlement.

If your father had no income of his own, as long as your father completed a PFF2 form, we should be able to review your entitlement. If you father has yet to return a PFF2 form, this is available from - http://bit.ly/12m5WkC

If your father has already provided a PFF2 form (as well as your mother / father's partner) please call us on 0845 300 5090 for assistance.

Thanks
    Thanks very much for the reply. I don't think my Dad got any benefits that year as far I know. Also, both my parents already supported my application online. Should I ask them to fill out the PFF2 form anyway and then send it off, or should just call SFE?

Thanks very much.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

If your parents have already supported your application, we recommend you call us on 0845 300 5090 for assistance.

This will allow us to confirm to you if any further evidence is required in order to award you a Maintenance Grant.

Thanks

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.