Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how are we all doing?

Today i really just wanted to find out peoples opinion on beginning a new YouTube channel, what they expect and want and any advice to be honest, I currently have a trailer video which I love. It's a speed drawing of my Channel Art on YouTube. Tell me what you guys thinks, like and subscribe while your at it

http://www.youtube.com/user/OnielCroal?feature=watch

But back to the point, what do you guys expect from a youtube channel?

Thanks

-Oniel

ReputationRep:
    Can you speed it up a little more? I also recommend using songs by Gucci and Waka flocka flame because that's what all the popular speed art drawing thingy channels use nowadays. Throwing in a bit of lil john wouldn't do any harm either.

To answer the question, consistency. And good content. But consistency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Can you speed it up a little more? I also recommend using songs by Gucci and Waka flocka flame because that's what all the popular speed art drawing thingy channels use nowadays. Throwing in a bit of lil john wouldn't do any harm either.

So when I create the content what do you think is the best way to promote it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oniel)
    So when I create the content what do you think is the best way to promote it
    Telling your friends mainly. Then go 'wow oniel this is great!' then proceed to share it. After they do that you go to sleep in your YOUTUBEMONAY and have the best sleep ever.

ReputationRep:
    I like it. I quite like the music too. I think music is quite important as it sets a vibe for the video. I like how you used something totally different for the converse video. What is it by the way?

Also, in the face picture, why do you sometimes zoom in to the corner?

As other things to consider - always give credit for music and link to online stores / social media sites (either one I think is fine), free licence or otherwise. Linking to other people is as beneficial to you as it is to them in terms of search engine optimisation. Do it on all your social media linking to that YouTube channel.

Annotate the videos. Not annoying ones though telling us to "Cliek Haer Fore Moar", but insights in to what you're doing and maybe why. This helps people like me who have no idea about how you do that understand what and more importantly, why your're doing it. Of course, you could take it a step further and offer full or partial voice commentary. This can help your followers interact with your videos, giving you the chance to teach and also be taught.

You may also want to think about creating a nice intro and outro / credits sequence (good for thanks and more interaction) to act as video header and footers. It's nice to also have an intro video explaining what you are starting with and where you want to go - helps people who don't know you work out what you're doing much quicker.

Also, as a YouTube uploader, you are not tied to only doing one thing. You can create different series of videos. In your case, you could do really quick speed run videos (under 30 seconds or 1 minute - good for the kids), longer videos showing progression (like you already have) and analysis / tutorial videos so others can try what you're doing (longer, more in depth, any length of time so long as it's interesting and relevant). You can still do specials, one offs, fan interaction shows (say, a Q&A from your fans when you reach say 100 subscribers, 500 subs, whatever). Keep all these videos organised in to play lists too. Then people can series link and bosh through a whole load without lifting a finger.

Just remember one thing. This is not your job (yet!), it is a hobby. Always allow time for yourself to relax and get away fro YouTube! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I like it. I quite like the music too. I think music is quite important as it sets a vibe for the video. I like how you used something totally different for the converse video. What is it by the way?

Also, in the face picture, why do you sometimes zoom in to the corner?

As other things to consider - always give credit for music and link to online stores / social media sites (either one I think is fine), free licence or otherwise. Linking to other people is as beneficial to you as it is to them in terms of search engine optimisation. Do it on all your social media linking to that YouTube channel.

Annotate the videos. Not annoying ones though telling us to "Cliek Haer Fore Moar", but insights in to what you're doing and maybe why. This helps people like me who have no idea about how you do that understand what and more importantly, why your're doing it. Of course, you could take it a step further and offer full or partial voice commentary. This can help your followers interact with your videos, giving you the chance to teach and also be taught.

You may also want to think about creating a nice intro and outro / credits sequence (good for thanks and more interaction) to act as video header and footers. It's nice to also have an intro video explaining what you are starting with and where you want to go - helps people who don't know you work out what you're doing much quicker.

Also, as a YouTube uploader, you are not tied to only doing one thing. You can create different series of videos. In your case, you could do really quick speed run videos (under 30 seconds or 1 minute - good for the kids), longer videos showing progression (like you already have) and analysis / tutorial videos so others can try what you're doing (longer, more in depth, any length of time so long as it's interesting and relevant). You can still do specials, one offs, fan interaction shows (say, a Q&A from your fans when you reach say 100 subscribers, 500 subs, whatever). Keep all these videos organised in to play lists too. Then people can series link and bosh through a whole load without lifting a finger.

Just remember one thing. This is not your job (yet!), it is a hobby. Always allow time for yourself to relax and get away fro YouTube! :yep:
    The song was Gamefire by Klaypex & DeviantArt Muro zooms to the corner automatically for some reason unknown to me.

Thanks for the advice!

Do you think its bad to copy someones idea off YouTube E.G. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80UF...bwHmCZnZPhTI6S Not necessarily to the point but certain aspects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oniel)
    The song was Gamefire by Klaypex & DeviantArt Muro zooms to the corner automatically for some reason unknown to me.

Thanks for the advice!

Do you think its bad to copy someones idea off YouTube E.G. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80UF...bwHmCZnZPhTI6S Not necessarily to the point but certain aspects.
    Thanks. Fair enough!

No worries.

Nowt wrong with taking inspiration!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)

Please be careful on putting popular songs due to their copyright and you won't be able to partner with a network nor be able to generate any income in the future if you get a copyright strike for using music of artists you don't have permissions for.

I won't leave you hanging on the music though and leave you without a solution.

There are channels you can simply take the music from and put in the description of your video of the song.

There is one here called:

ByeByeCopyright
    NoCopyrightSounds

Here are the links - Check them out, they have tons of different music.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NoCopyrightSounds
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ByeByeCopyright

I hope this advice helps you out alot. Keep up the speed art and hope to see you growing and developing your craft.

ReputationRep:
    I like the music too! And the video could be sped up a bit more.
    But overall I really like it! Well done and good luck!! x

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.