Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I still don't have my loan yet, after losing my declaration form(!) student finance have only just received it as I had to re-send it. They still have to check my NI number, which apparantly they do the wednesday after receiving your form...so it'll be a week or two before I get my loan. Trouble is, I pay my rent termly which is 1,125. I explained about my troubles to my landlord and I was paying two weeks rent(150) up until now. He text me saying he NEEDS the rest of my rent, £825, by tomorrow at the latest. I thought I would have my loan by then and only found out today about the NI-checking as nobody had told me.
    I've already taken out an emergency loan off my uni for £300. I highly doubt they would give me an £800 loan. I've used all of my overdraft. What should I do?
    I guess I could ask to pay another two weeks rent, but do you think my uni will give me another £150 loan?

ReputationRep:
    Speak to the uni, do you have any family who can lend you the money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    Speak to the uni, do you have any family who can lend you the money?
    Only my dad who doesn't earn much and already lent me the money for the deposit which I still owe him I'm planning on speaking to them tomorrow, it's just I'm worried they won't be able to lend me any more than they already have.

ReputationRep:
    in all honesty your landlord isn't going to kick you out in the next week or two just apologise and dont pay, he is unable to just turn up and kick you out onto the streets even if you are behind on rent

also call student finance and insist on talking to a manager and tell them since they lost the form they need to sort it NOW and just keep asking to talk to someone higher up, my sister did this and got her money in 2 days instead of 2 weeks just be persistant - it IS their fault and responsibility

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.