Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Er, sounds like he just sent texts saying 'Data list requested' and you just got suckered into thinking it was legit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonberry)
    Er, sounds like he just sent texts saying 'Data list requested' and you just got suckered into thinking it was legit.
    ok, that's what I thought. It was sent from 'GPS' and '1' though, not from actual numbers?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermelabouche)
    ok, that's what I thought. It was sent from 'GPS' and '1' though, not from actual numbers?!
    just ignore it. if it carries on report him to the cops.

and sugar daddies? really? whats wrong with you?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did tell him that I'd report him and that I knew he'd hacked my phone(before I blocked my number, as I'm now going to get a new one), so hopefully this would've deterred him from doing anything

ReputationRep:
    so do you think it hasn't been hacked? and if it has yet the phone's now blocked, would he still have my contacts & data info?
    and yeah.. i know.. definitely not something I'm proud of, although I never pursued it and was just going through an odd phase.
    even if it has what can you do? Nothing. So stop worrying. Also change your number for your peace of mind if it helps.

Personally i think he's winding u up cos he cant deal with rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I just don't want my 'secret' to get out to famiy and friends etc

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any more thoughts? Do you think he's truly hacked my phone? Surely it'd take a bit more work than that?! When I queried him about it he denied it outright and said that he was driving back home (which he actually was...) but it's a coincidence these texts came a few minutes after he said he'd inform my parents..

ReputationRep:
    Maybe those secret agents did it. Sugar daddy? Or you just want to promote something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    Maybe those secret agents did it. Sugar daddy? Or you just want to promote something?
    What do you mean? This is a serious issue

ReputationRep:
    Also my phone is not jailbroken or anything, which leads me to think perhaps it's not true, but I'm still quite shook up

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any more thoughts? Do you think he's truly hacked my phone? Surely it'd take a bit more work than that?! When I queried him about it he denied it outright and said that he was driving back home (which he actually was...) but it's a coincidence these texts came a few minutes after he said he'd inform my parents..
    What type of phone is it?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should smash your phone anyway? You know, just to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just tell him to ferme la bouche, .

No but seriously, ignore him and if he continues then report him for harassment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Why don't you just tell him to ferme la bouche, .
    Because this young lady is classy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htr5)
    What type of phone is it?
    It is an iPhone 4, which hasn't been jailbroken...

ReputationRep:
    LOL

Isn't there an option to delete everything from your iPhone in case it gets lost or stolen?

Cannot remember how to do it though.

ReputationRep:
    Fake as Katie Price's boobies.

ReputationRep:
    Why would someone who had hacked your phone tell you about it through unnecessary texts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    Why would someone who had hacked your phone tell you about it through unnecessary texts?
    I thought the same... like a phone hack would be kept discreet surely.. I'm not sure

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 28, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.