Psychosexual help needed! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I started at university September 2012 and since I started, my long term boyfriend has had a problem with climaxing during sex. He ignored it for a few months, but then when it didn't go away he went to the doctors.

After testing for and exhausting all physical causes, he was referred to a psychiatrist who has said that the problem is most likely due to suppressed emotions about me going to university, since that's when it started.

Question is, how do we resolve these repressed emotions to fix him? Does anyone know how to get down to the subconscious mind to solve the issues there?
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone know how to get down to the subconscious mind to solve the issues there?
No!

My slightly more home-spun solution would be to try to ignore it as an issue. Sending the guy to a psychiatrist was just about reasonable but has now elevated this to a 'serious issue' and created a lot of performance-based pressure on him. If he knocks any self-love on the head (so to speak...) and saves himself just for when the two of you are together that will help enormously. Then if you both don't see climaxing as a necessary part to his sexual enjoyment, likely as not the problem will eventually resolve itself anyway.
Mel1215
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He needs to express these emotions and therefore will be able to come to terms with what is going on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed