Turn on thread page Beta

How to beat the lonliness left by best friend ditching me? :( watch

As the title suggests, my best friend who I would talk to everyday for hours has ditched me. I don't really want to go into details about why right now.

I don't have many other friends, certainly not any close enough that I would talk to properly. I'm making this post now at 2am because usually I would be up all night talking to my friend, but now I have no one and all I see is lonliness ahead. I feel like giving up to be honest.

Please don't say try talking to my friend, because believe me I've tried, they won't listen. I'm also not very good at making new friends so that isn't a great suggestion either. I'm incredibly shy so even though I do sometimes put myself in new situations and try to talk to people, I don't give off a good first impression because I don't really open up and say much, so I assume they think I'm boring or something and although we easily become acquaintances, I never really make proper friends.

I dunno what I'm asking in this post really. I just needed to vent or talk to someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title suggests, my best friend who I would talk to everyday for hours has ditched me. I don't really want to go into details about why right now.

I don't have many other friends, certainly not any close enough that I would talk to properly. I'm making this post now at 2am because usually I would be up all night talking to my friend, but now I have no one and all I see is lonliness ahead. I feel like giving up to be honest.

Please don't say try talking to my friend, because believe me I've tried, they won't listen. I'm also not very good at making new friends so that isn't a great suggestion either. I'm incredibly shy so even though I do sometimes put myself in new situations and try to talk to people, I don't give off a good first impression because I don't really open up and say much, so I assume they think I'm boring or something and although we easily become acquaintances, I never really make proper friends.

I dunno what I'm asking in this post really. I just needed to vent or talk to someone
    I know the feeling, it's absolutely horrid. Both of my best friends last year ditched me (one for a new video game, the other for a new boyfriend) meaning my summer was awful. I can't say much in terms of advice instead of perhaps trying to gain closure so you can finally move on? Sorry that I wasn't exactly helpful, but if you want to talk, just drop me a PM

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.