I'm reversing/neutralising the sexist/gender-specific Facebook posts girls put up Watch

ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Fight the power!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/767603779921569/

If Facebook didn't force group owners to invite people ONE AT A TIME, it'd have a lot more members. As you can tell by most members currently having a name starting with 'A' or 'B'. -_-

Again, feel free to provide more for me to haphazardly slice 'n' dice.

(Original post by Yasmin25)
Urgh. I know plenty of girls who post those sorta pics - "Oh I want a boyfriend who texts me 24/7, buys me jewels, sings to me, etc" - that's deemed 'acceptable' but if a guy were to write what he wanted his future gf to be like orpost the guy version of they pics, he'd be deemed as a prick.

I blame Tumblr for those irritating pics.
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Just type in '#girlythings', they are extremely irritating.
(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
I agree. Every time I see it, I just have to block the group or page. They are so annoying!!

My worst one:

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by The Egg Militia)
Ah yes, that overused garbage spouted typically by females with holes in their self esteem that only dicks can fill.
(Original post by Alpha brah)
If this is a precursor to a sexist post as I suspect, I really wish negs were available on TSR again.

There are plenty of shared pictures and pages biased against women, too, however, if you're looking to paint a balanced picture.
(Original post by WilliamGreen)
Lol this post gave me a good chuckle
(Original post by sr90)
The parodies/memes of them are much better.

Get_Lucky_606
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  when-boys-give-you-cute-nicknames.jpg
Views: 2895
Size:  58.3 KB
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
tania<3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
x
this one is better

Attached files
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What are you trying to do here? There's nothing wrong with them when they are reversed (other than them being embarrassing as always) but it's not like they seem sexist when they're the other way round.
Jmaguire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brilliant, might I suggest a page for it instead of a group? That way your posts will feature in newsfeed rather than on a group page, and if you do it make an account just for it incase of butthurt reports
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtGoblin)
What are you trying to do here? There's nothing wrong with them when they are reversed (other than them being embarrassing as always) but it's not like they seem sexist when they're the other way round.
Those who discriminate often don't realise they're doing it. This should help raise the issue, and sexism against men has become a widespread yet overlooked problem. Domestic abuse against the male, particularly in the form of penis mutilation, shot up after the Bobbit incident, with going straight to the idea of castrating a man as punishment for relatively trivial matters becoming the norm. Just because sexism against women was rife does not mean it's ok now for the other extreme to happen to even it out.

As the group says, the reversed statuses puts them on the end of the status, to make them think. The neutralised ones are there to replace the gender-specific ones.

I'm not expecting this to get a million members and get in the news, just making a point.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jmaguire)
Brilliant, might I suggest a page for it instead of a group? That way your posts will feature in newsfeed rather than on a group page, and if you do it make an account just for it incase of butthurt reports
Ah too late now. Stupid Facebook, creating Pages. Though it seems Pages are only for real people or companies, so it would've got removed anyway.
darius12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
Those who discriminate often don't realise they're doing it. This should help raise the issue, and sexism against men has become a widespread yet overlooked problem.
don't combat it by becoming a whinging man-ist.
ArtGoblin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Those who discriminate often don't realise they're doing it. This should help raise the issue, and sexism against men has become a widespread yet overlooked problem. Domestic abuse against the male, particularly in the form of penis mutilation, shot up after the Bobbit incident, with going straight to the idea of castrating a man as punishment for relatively trivial matters becoming the norm. Just because sexism against women was rife does not mean it's ok now for the other extreme to happen to even it out.

As the group says, the reversed statuses puts them on the end of the status, to make them think. The neutralised ones are there to replace the gender-specific ones.

I'm not expecting this to get a million members and get in the news, just making a point.
Oh, I get why you're doing it. I just don't think the ones you have done are examples of sexism. "Any girl can be a parent but it takes a real woman to be a mother.", "hold his hand in public, it's like saying you are proud to have him", "every guy wants 'good morning handsome' text when he wakes up" etc. aren't sexist. They're stupid and often untrue, but they're mostly just smug parent/couple things.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
(Original post by darius12345)
don't combat it by becoming a whinging man-ist.
Stop whining, geez.

Oh, I get why you're doing it. I just don't think the ones you have done are examples of sexism. "Any girl can be a parent but it takes a real woman to be a mother.", "hold his hand in public, it's like saying you are proud to have him", "every guy wants 'good morning handsome' text when he wakes up" etc. aren't sexist. They're stupid and often untrue, but they're mostly just smug parent/couple things.
Some are simply gender-specific, but I wanted to keep the group title snappy. Plus I had no extra material to use, no one on this forum could find any.
ArtGoblin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some are simply gender-specific, but I wanted to keep the group title snappy. Plus I had no extra material to use, no one on this forum could find any.
Go on someone's profile who usually posts them and then click on the page where they shared it from. Should be loads more idiotic pictures there.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Go on someone's profile who usually posts them and then click on the page where they shared it from. Should be loads more idiotic pictures there.
Sod's Law is currently in effect: don't remember who posted them and no one's posted any more yet.

Plus I removed all the hot-but-dumb girls from my news feed since they're only there to look at, not talk to.

Russo swerve: I'm the sexist.

P.S. And we have our first girl-who's-invited-to-group-blocks-me-so-is-probably-a-bit-sexist. It was one of the ones I thought it would be, though.
Dopamine Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can't ****ing stand that **** on Facebook, makes me sick to my stomach - good group, joined.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dopamine Dreams)
Can't ****ing stand that **** on Facebook, makes me sick to my stomach - good group, joined.
Can you join without requesting to join? 'Cause I made it public, but I'm getting invitations of people asking to join.
Dopamine Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can you join without requesting to join? 'Cause I made it public, but I'm getting invitations of people asking to join.
By request only, by the looks of it.
Eva.Gregoria
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But if I join, everyone's going to know who I am...
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dopamine Dreams)
By request only, by the looks of it.
I didn't get a request notification, unless you did it about an hour ago and your name starts with J.

(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
But if I join, everyone's going to know who I am...
Wigger, we got about 50 members already, no one's gonna know.

Besides, NSA and ****, everyone already knows who you are.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No interest in being part of a Facebook group.

I can do that already.

Most people on here are anonymous because they want to be,
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
No interest in being part of a Facebook group.

I can do that already.

Most people on here are anonymous because they want to be,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (72)
21.75%
The paper was reasonable (146)
44.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (59)
17.82%
It was TERRIBLE (54)
16.31%

Watched Threads