Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I am a international student who is looking to study in Edinburgh Napier University.I want to study Mechatronics Engineering.can I get some a clear idea about this university and life in Edinburgh? and also can we finish the degree in 3 years and get the BEng qualification only?and later complete the final year and get it as honors? is it something good to do?(I have to do that because of financial matter) any idea about the university will be highly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I have the same enquiry. Would like to know about Mechatronics Engineering in this university.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm a student at Edinburgh Napier so can answer any questions you might have about Uni life etc there? I've lived in Edinburgh most of my life so happy to answer questions about the city too if you have any..

With regard to the degree: as far as I know, yes you can complete the course in 3 years to obtain your undergrad degree. If you want to attain Honours, I would certainly recommend completing the whole course in 4 years consecutive. But if this isn't possible, get in touch with someone at admissions to double-check whether you'd to return at alter stage for your honours year: [email protected].

Also, check out the School of Engineering video a the bottom of the course page. It gives you a little insight into the Engineering faculty (it has really strong links with industry employers): http://www.courses.napier.ac.uk/Mechatronics_U52157.htm.

Edinburgh Napier itself it a great Uni to study at, I've loved my time here (it's my final year now). Socially, there's always somethings going on, the students' association are always hosting events throughout the year, plus there is a weekly Napier students' club night at Liquid Rooms (one of Edinburgh's better clubs). Not to mention the Sports and Societies - covers everything from snowboarding, to football, to martial arts. Academically, you couldn't ask for any better. I spent a lot of time in the Engineering departments creating promo videos. It has a huge range of workshops and labs, a huge range of equipments, and fully up to date computer suites. Plus a 24/7 computer suite for last minute all-nighters!

Let me know if you've any questions in particular..
    Sara

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.