The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL WPH04 ~ 20th Jan 2014 ~ Unit 4

This thread is for discussions for the upcoming Edexcel International A level (IAL) Physics unit 4 exam, in January 2014.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Hey guys, the thread has been quiet...
The exam is about a month away, anyone here doing Physics IAL this Jan?
Reply 3
hey, im doing both units 4 and 5 this Jan. How bout you, what units are you doing apart from physics? and how's prep going? roughly 3 weeks more :/
Reply 4
Original post by DevilSmite
hey, im doing both units 4 and 5 this Jan. How bout you, what units are you doing apart from physics? and how's prep going? roughly 3 weeks more :/

Hey, I'm doing unit 4 phy, chem and bio. I should start past papers for chem and phy :/
I'm also one one the luck few doing this exam in jan . How is everyone preparing for it?
Reply 6
I'm also sitting this exam! Has anyone made any notes they'd like to share?
Appreciate it!
Reply 7
So boys(and girls) how did yall do?
It was a average paper ive seen better! No ****ing rutherford was pissed!
What should the answer be for the reason as to why no more charges are being packed in the two ends of the aeroplane in constant velocity etc?

That was confusing
Original post by proxyfullback
It was a average paper ive seen better! No ****ing rutherford was pissed!

Must admitted it was too but that means high grade boundaries and tougher mark scheme
Reply 11
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
What should the answer be for the reason as to why no more charges are being packed in the two ends of the aeroplane in constant velocity etc?

That was confusing

im not sure about my ans, but i wrote there is no change in the rate of flux cutting since the velocity is constant so the induced emf wud also be the same
Original post by DevilSmite
im not sure about my ans, but i wrote there is no change in the rate of flux cutting since the velocity is constant so the induced emf wud also be the same

So that means no more charge is being packed up?
Was the question talking about charges being packed or no charge at all?

And how did you draw the lines in the graph?
Reply 13
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
So that means no more charge is being packed up?
Was the question talking about charges being packed or no charge at all?

And how did you draw the lines in the graph?

I'm pretty sure the question referred to why no extra charge was being packed up. I wrote constant velocity so constant force and so on.

Guys what are your predictions for grade boundaries? What do you think A* (90%) will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
the magnetic flux of earth links with the wings of the aeroplane. When aeroplane is travelling at a constant velocity, the rate of change of magnetic flux linking the wings of aeroplane is constant therefore no further e.m.f is induced and hence no extra charges are build.
Actually because the gradient of magnetic flux is zero emf is zero
Wat are peoples opinion on the paper
Reply 17
Is the Pacific Physics A Level book any good? Should I be using it for Edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending