Considering leaving Uni Watch

Stealth001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
On my second year of a three year Software Engineering degree. Passed my first year with good percentages ranging from 70% to 85%. However this second year has just been a nightmare. Finding the content really hard to grasp and got a bunch of phase tests incoming which make up a substantial mark of my modules.

As a result I am really stressed and depressed. Falling behind in some group coursework too. The Uni work was the only thing that kept me going, as I don't enjoy general Uni life, but now that has stopped too. Got a tenancy agreement for the whole academic year, which I don't know if I could pay off without the money from SFE.

Any thoughts on what I should do?
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Stealth001)
On my second year of a three year Software Engineering degree. Passed my first year with good percentages ranging from 70% to 85%. However this second year has just been a nightmare. Finding the content really hard to grasp and got a bunch of phase tests incoming which make up a substantial mark of my modules.

As a result I am really stressed and depressed. Falling behind in some group coursework too. The Uni work was the only thing that kept me going, as I don't enjoy general Uni life, but now that has stopped too. Got a tenancy agreement for the whole academic year, which I don't know if I could pay off without the money from SFE.

Any thoughts on what I should do?
How would you feel about speaking to a lecturer on the module you have most difficulty with? Although there is an emphasis on independent learning at university this doesn't mean you can't speak to academic staff. They may be able to talk things out with you and provide additional support.

You performed very well in your first year. So you built yourself a good foundation and likely have the potential. You talk about not enjoying the general Uni life. How do you think this has been affecting you and your enthusiasm for the course?

Don't forget that if you are genuinely feeling depressed there's support out there, most notably from your GP and university counselling service.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
30.57%
The paper was reasonable (525)
39.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (226)
17.06%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.75%

Watched Threads