Can I do 2 years in 1? Watch

ke2ls
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

I am 23 years old and I am a part-time student in a university in Edinburgh. I am doing a LLB degree (4 year course). The only reason I chose to study as a part-time student is because I could not get a place in the full-time program.

So I would like to know if it is possible to do 2 years in 1. I am currently in my first year, so next year I would like to do my second and third year at the same time. Do you know if it is allowed? Knowing that I only have 2 modules per semester, spread over 2 days a week (3 hours per module so 6 hours a week).

Thank you.
wag12k12dunkno
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yh
arrowhead
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's certainly not unprecedented. But this is a conversation you should be having with your tutor at Edinburgh.
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ke2ls)
Hello,

I am 23 years old and I am a part-time student in a university in Edinburgh. I am doing a LLB degree (4 year course). The only reason I chose to study as a part-time student is because I could not get a place in the full-time program.

So I would like to know if it is possible to do 2 years in 1. I am currently in my first year, so next year I would like to do my second and third year at the same time. Do you know if it is allowed? Knowing that I only have 2 modules per semester, spread over 2 days a week (3 hours per module so 6 hours a week).

Thank you.
The reality is that a few people will probably drop out from the first year full time course. If this happens there should be no reason why you can't take their place in 2nd year. Have a talk to the course leader at uni about your idea.
ke2ls
Rep:
?
(Original post by rock_climber86)
The reality is that a few people will probably drop out from the first year full time course. If this happens there should be no reason why you can't take their place in 2nd year. Have a talk to the course leader at uni about your idea.
Hi, thank you so much for your answer.
Yes I know I can take their place in second year, I already asked my program leader. But I'd like to drag your attention on my main question which is: am I able to do two years in one?
Do you have any idea about it?
rock_climber86
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ke2ls)
Yes I know I can take their place in second year, I already asked my program leader. But I'd like to drag your attention on my main question which is: am I able to do two years in one?
by two, do you mean two part time years in one, or two full time years in one?
rock_climber86
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ke2ls)
by two, do you mean two part time years in one, or two full time years in one? either way, i've no idea i'm afraid!
ke2ls
Rep:
?
by two, do you mean two part time years in one, or two full time years in one? either way, i've no idea i'm afraid!
Okay thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
ke2ls
Rep:
?
I'd say part-time because I don't think I'd have the time to follow 2 full-time years. It would be impossible on a timetables point of view

Posted from TSR Mobile
ke2ls
Rep:
?
(Original post by wag12k12dunkno)
yh
Are you sure about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
wag12k12dunkno
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ke2ls)
Are you sure about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh
ke2ls
Rep:
?
(Original post by wag12k12dunkno)
yh
Could you give me more details please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
wag12k12dunkno
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ke2ls)
Could you give me more details please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
u can do 2 years in 1
rock_climber86
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ke2ls)
I'd say part-time because I don't think I'd have the time to follow 2 full-time years. It would be impossible on a timetables point of view

Posted from TSR Mobile
my thoughts exactly. Two part time years in 1 will be like doing 1 full year. All you need to figure out is how you'll catch up with the 2nd half of the part time course! i.e. you'll have 1/2 year 1, but probably need to do 2nd half of year 1 before you do the year 2. I'm not sure if they'll allow you to do year 2 full time along with 2nd half of year 1 course if that makes sense?

Again, course tutor is the best person to ask about this!
ke2ls
Rep:
?
my thoughts exactly. Two part time years in 1 will be like doing 1 full year. All you need to figure out is how you'll catch up with the 2nd half of the part time course! i.e. you'll have 1/2 year 1, but probably need to do 2nd half of year 1 before you do the year 2. I'm not sure if they'll allow you to do year 2 full time along with 2nd half of year 1 course if that makes sense?

Again, course tutor is the best person to ask about this!
Thank you again for your answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ke2ls
Rep:
?
Does anyone else have an idea about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.06%
The paper was reasonable (388)
42.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.21%
It was TERRIBLE (147)
16.14%

Watched Threads