can i got to a scandanavian country coz they are in the eu Watch

wag12k12dunkno
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
im 19 dont really have any skills but can i go there are there jobs there they look pretty countries and decent wildlife
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends whether or not you're proficient in their language, have any skills they need and to a certain extent your skin colour
Pastaferian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by wag12k12dunkno)
im 19 dont really have any skills but can i go there are there jobs there they look pretty countries and decent wildlife
Denmark, Finland and Sweden are in the EU - you have the right to live and work in those countries.
Norway and Iceland aren't in the EU, and you don't have those rights. They may still allow you to stay, but you'd have to make further enquiries.
hamijack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Been kicked out of uni yet?
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think they are in the habit of allowing 'dead weight' into their countries, unlike the UK.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alfissti)
Depends whether or not you're proficient in their language, have any skills they need and to a certain extent your skin colour
Doesn't apply to those who are EU (in those countries which are member states of the EU).
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry but I wouldn't let the likes of you in if I was in charge.
Alfissti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pastaferian)
Norway and Iceland aren't in the EU, and you don't have those rights. They may still allow you to stay, but you'd have to make further enquiries.
You can live and work in Norway and Iceland as both are members of the EEA.
Alfissti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Doesn't apply to those who are EU (in those countries which are member states of the EU).
Presumably in the context of this thread am assuming someone is interested in moving to a Scandinavian country for work. In which case what I mentioned earlier applies regardless of where you come from and EU national or not it isn't going to be easy to get a job without language, skills and possibly skin colour. As for living, yup you don't need any extra residence permits as an EU national but that's about it, though if you are coming as a welfare/benefit tourist then please remain wherever the hell you're at, thankfully in Norway and Sweden it isn't so easy for foreigners and even those with EU nationality to freeload on our welfare.
Alfissti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
Sorry but I wouldn't let the likes of you in if I was in charge.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads