Highgate Cemetery Watch

mderi2012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I love gloomy, strange derelict places. I especially love taking pictures of them. Will attend university in London next year so my question is how far is HC from central London? How accessible is it?
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you want gloomy, strange derelict places, have you considered Hull?

To answer your quesition:

By tube

ARCHWAY tube, High Barnet branch, Northern line. (Don’t go to Highgate tube – it's a much longer walk!). Take the Highgate Hill exit. Then either take a bus (210,143, 271) two stops to Waterlow Park or walk up Highgate Hill. It’s then a very pleasant five minute stroll through Waterlow Park to our gates.
The tube system is often affected by engineering works and station closures. Please check your journey in advance at www.tfl.gov.uk.
By bus

C2 stops at Parliament Hill Fields. C11 stops at Brookfield Park. Buses 143, 210 and 271 stop at Waterlow Park on Highgate Hill.

By road

There is no off-street visitor parking. Parking restrictions are in place on the surrounding streets between 10am and 12 noon Monday to Friday. After those times and at weekends, on-street parking is free.

Note that there is no access to Swain’s Lane from the north.
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As said, just walk halfway up the hill from Archway. It's a bit steep, but a nice walk.
mderi2012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)
If you want gloomy, strange derelict places, have you considered Hull?

To answer your quesition:

By tube

ARCHWAY tube, High Barnet branch, Northern line. (Don’t go to Highgate tube – it's a much longer walk!). Take the Highgate Hill exit. Then either take a bus (210,143, 271) two stops to Waterlow Park or walk up Highgate Hill. It’s then a very pleasant five minute stroll through Waterlow Park to our gates.
The tube system is often affected by engineering works and station closures. Please check your journey in advance at www.tfl.gov.uk.
By bus

C2 stops at Parliament Hill Fields. C11 stops at Brookfield Park. Buses 143, 210 and 271 stop at Waterlow Park on Highgate Hill.

By road

There is no off-street visitor parking. Parking restrictions are in place on the surrounding streets between 10am and 12 noon Monday to Friday. After those times and at weekends, on-street parking is free.

Note that there is no access to Swain’s Lane from the north.
Incidentally Hull is actually one of the unis I'm applying to >.<

Thank you for the direction. Taking the bus should be fine I guess, more opportunities to see places along the way and meet people. Seems like it won't be too far. FYI the london unis I'm applying to are QMUL and KCL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
37.5%
The paper was reasonable (0)
0%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
12.5%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise