Do you listen to music while writing your homework? Watch

natalyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello guys! I am wondering if you listen to the music while writing an essay for instance?
Sannn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends how well I know about the topic - if it's something I'm confident with, I can have music on in the back and breeze through. If it's something harder, I tend to struggle to focus and have to turn it off. (I'm at uni)
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Music slows your focus. I personally can never listen to music while studying, I'd think maths is the only thing which you could get away with.
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I usually listen to music instead of doing assignments, despite the best of intentions to begin with ...
natalyy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Name:  Create Your Own1.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  164.6 KB
Look at this infographic, maybe you will like this music for writing
chantalx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can only listen to slower songs on a lower volume that I maybe don't know as well, if its something I love then I get all distracted and start singing. Also it depends upon how difficult I'm finding the essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
BWV1007
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only when I do maths because I don't have to focus on words, therefore music, especially the ones with lyrics, will not interfere with my thoughts.
dlaiden
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Absolutely. However, I listen to instrumental music because the lack of lyrics aids my focus, and the rhythm inspires me to write more than I normally would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
140BPM
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I listen to deep house while I work. Just helps get stuff done without concentrating on the music
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes! How could I get through hours after hours of maths without some atmospheric jungle, trippy psytrance or bouncy bassline?

Or if im in a chill mood and dont want anything too distracting, two hour mix of thievery corporation is the ticket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0A5bDpZvtI
chloevictoria
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I physically cannot write an English Literature essay without listening to Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush.
Pavzky
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I usually listen to music to avoid doing work
Alextyler7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I cannot write with any type of disturbance, especially, with music on headphones.
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I'm writing a composition for writing class, I don't like listening to music as it distracts me. However if I'm just learning characters I'm ok with a bit of music in the background
Swanbow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Seldom. A little background music might be okay when doing an essay, but most of the time it just puts me off.
Willum Infanta
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't do work without music
adaymuhajier
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can work with music on only if the work doesn't involved too much reading but I still prefer if there isn't any music at all.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has to be a soundtrack cannot be any actual lyrics or I start to lose focus and sing along :
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads