Think my sister's losing it.....what should I do? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My sister has always been a very insecure person. She's a people pleaser and her entire self worth is based on what other people think of her. Recently (about 2 weeks ago) she broke up with this guy she had been seeing for about 3 months.I think he cheated on her (I might have snooped through her mobile but she doesn't know) but when I asked her she said that he's a great guy and that the break up was all her fault. Even in the beginning of their relationship I suspected that the guy was just using my sister for money and stuff. He never seemed really interested in her but she adored him.(She's is extremely grateful towards anyone who shows her even an inkling of kindness). After the break up she became extremely depressed. She has a fear of staying alone and sometimes just gets angry ans lashes out at people. She has even screamed at our neighbour's 3 year old kid. She keeps analysing every little thing that happens and keeps playing psychologist(diagnosing herself with a variety of disorders eg:Aspergers) She acts all crazy, keeps stuttering and sometimes can't really complete her sentences. She's really annoying me. Sometimes I think that she is just faking all this. Sometimes her behaviour seems really fake. She nods vigorously when she talks and sometimes just says the stupidest things.(Eg: She told me to wear this dress but I don't want to but she told me to so I must do it)

I'm just really frustrated. I feel like slapping her and telling her to snap out of it and have some respect for her self. I know that she might have a serious problem but she refuses to see a doctor and as she is just really getting on my nerves. I don't know what to do? Please help me! ANy advice?
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tricky sitch, maybe it's worth talking to your parents about your concerns and see if they have noticed something similar? In the mean time I would say try and be there as much as you can - you will feel like a proper **** if she does turn out to be ill and you were just angry at her.
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you need to have a sisterly sit down with her and come clean about your knowledge of the messy break up. It's quite possible that she isn't faking her actions. Why would she? What's her motive? If anything, it would be a cry for help. It's quite likely that she's hurting inside, not knowing where to go or who to talk to, especially if this was her first relationship. I'm sure you can help her a long the way. Use her people pleasing trait to your advantage and help her. Maybe she'll be just as grateful for it as she would be if it were someone else.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Misogynist)
I think you need to have a sisterly sit down with her and come clean about your knowledge of the messy break up. It's quite possible that she isn't faking her actions. Why would she? What's her motive? If anything, it would be a cry for help. It's quite likely that she's hurting inside, not knowing where to go or who to talk to, especially if this was her first relationship. I'm sure you can help her a long the way. Use her people pleasing trait to your advantage and help her. Maybe she'll be just as grateful for it as she would be if it were someone else.
The thing is that we are not really close. She's 16 years older than me so she doesn't share her problems with me. I guess she sees me as a kid. Our relationship is more like the relationship an aunt and niece would have.
More than anything else I think I'm just angry with her for not acting her age, for not being mature enough. Silly ans irrational, I know.
UUgh maybe I should just talk to her. Tell her what I know or bring up visiting a doctor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
14.1%
The paper was reasonable (191)
49.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.33%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
10.7%

Watched Threads