Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I graduated in 2013 from the University of Roehampton.

I lived on the Digby Campus in my first year, in Mount Clare (Froebel) in my second year, and was a flat rep on Digby in my third.

I'm happy to answer any questions about the University of Roehampton experience!

Dan

ReputationRep:
    Well I just applied there and got an offer the other day... I was just wondering... when I visited I absolutely loved it. I go to a very small school, and am wary of a uni with loads of people in it. I know that there are what... 9000 student students? But also how is the atmosphere there? And another thing, I live within 10 miles of the uni and from what I heard at the open day I might not get student accommodation but may have to live in private accommodation. Do you know anything about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platosbesty)
    Well I just applied there and got an offer the other day... I was just wondering... when I visited I absolutely loved it. I go to a very small school, and am wary of a uni with loads of people in it. I know that there are what... 9000 student students? But also how is the atmosphere there? And another thing, I live within 10 miles of the uni and from what I heard at the open day I might not get student accommodation but may have to live in private accommodation. Do you know anything about this?

Hello. Although 9000 students may seem like a lot, it’s a relatively small University still. Plus, all 9000 students are never on campus at the same time- during the weekdays campus is quite busy but still has a very friendly atmosphere, and then at the weekends if you live on campus its generally very peaceful as it will be just the students in halls that are around. It’s great place to live.

As for living within 10 miles of the Uni it is still possible to get a place in halls, although I believe it’s subject to availability at the time. If you apply as soon as possible between May and the end of July, then you will have a good chance of getting a place in halls. In my first and second year I had flatmates in halls that lived within 10 miles of the Uni, so it’s definitely possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielbrown056)
    Hello. Although 9000 students may seem like a lot, it’s a relatively small University still. Plus, all 9000 students are never on campus at the same time- during the weekdays campus is quite busy but still has a very friendly atmosphere, and then at the weekends if you live on campus its generally very peaceful as it will be just the students in halls that are around. It’s great place to live.

As for living within 10 miles of the Uni it is still possible to get a place in halls, although I believe it’s subject to availability at the time. If you apply as soon as possible between May and the end of July, then you will have a good chance of getting a place in halls. In my first and second year I had flatmates in halls that lived within 10 miles of the Uni, so it’s definitely possible.
    Thank you so much! One last quick question what did you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platosbesty)
    Thank you so much! One last quick question what did you study?
    Journalism and News Media with Photography- which falls under the Media, Culture and Language department. The good thing is though, you get to know people on almost every course at the Uni. So if you have any other questions about a different course- don't hesitate to ask!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recieved an offer from Roehampton the other day I was wondering if there are a lot of mature students there? I'll be 21 when I start and don't want to be a lot older than all of my roommates if I decide to live in the halls.. I know it might seem a bit silly but I can't help worrying about it :c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielbrown056)
    Hey,

I graduated in 2013 from the University of Roehampton.

I lived on the Digby Campus in my first year, in Mount Clare (Froebel) in my second year, and was a flat rep on Digby in my third.

I'm happy to answer any questions about the University of Roehampton experience!

Dan
    Hey,

I just had a quick question about accommodation, I'm studying Education so I think its either Frobel or Digby that I should be staying in... I just wanted to ask which you would recommend? So basically which halls have the better atmosphere and accessibility to library, cafes gym etc.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nagapies)
    Hi, I recieved an offer from Roehampton the other day I was wondering if there are a lot of mature students there? I'll be 21 when I start and don't want to be a lot older than all of my roommates if I decide to live in the halls.. I know it might seem a bit silly but I can't help worrying about it :c
    I'm 22 now and will be 23 when I start so don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crossy91x)
    I'm 22 now and will be 23 when I start so don't worry!
    Yay that's good to know

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer. I visited it and it was absolutely lovely. However, I've been hearing some really negative things about the uni...i.e its dead and boring. The staff are rude and it deserves its poor reputation etc. Its 84th which is worrying and I have received offers from other better unis. Is it really that bad?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 16, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.