Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was accepted last year to teach in Dubai, with just my degree and voluntary experience

But, now I am almost halfway through my pgce. I'm getting married in August 2014 and my fiancé has experience of teaching China.

We'd like to be teaching in the Middle East by September 2014. It would be appreciated if anyone could tell me how they got accepted to teach abroad- sites they used etc, as some I have applied to do not respond

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    I was accepted last year to teach in Dubai, with just my degree and voluntary experience

But, now I am almost halfway through my pgce. I'm getting married in August 2014 and my fiancé has experience of teaching China.

We'd like to be teaching in the Middle East by September 2014. It would be appreciated if anyone could tell me how they got accepted to teach abroad- sites they used etc, as some I have applied to do not respond
    I just saw you are a woman. Just make sure you know your stuff when it comes to dress code, etc. Also:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/dubai-safe-fe...others-1354317

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    I just saw you are a woman. Just make sure you know your stuff when it comes to dress code, etc. Also:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/dubai-safe-fe...others-1354317
    Aww
    Except, Dubai is my holiday home. I own a villa there, where I stay every summer. Just went for a week two weeks ago
    I'd also be going with my (will be by then) husband 😊
    X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but I'm intrigued! Did you get accepted without PGCE during the interview? Or did they know you are mid way through your PGCE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel_x)
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but I'm intrigued! Did you get accepted without PGCE during the interview? Or did they know you are mid way through your PGCE?
    I got accepted without my Pgce
    I started it a few months later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most international jobs I've seen advertised ask for 2 years of experience, i.e. not NQTs.

Have you approached whoever it was that offered you the teaching job initially? Perhaps they have vacancies coming up? What process did you go through for that job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    Most international jobs I've seen advertised ask for 2 years of experience, i.e. not NQTs.

Have you approached whoever it was that offered you the teaching job initially? Perhaps they have vacancies coming up? What process did you go through for that job?
    That was word of mouth so I can't go through that avenue
    Also, my exes sister studied law and without any teaching experience is now working in Qatar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.