boris the animal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Your thoughts, gentlemen:
1) Who's gonna win? :king1:
2) Will England play in the final?

Here is what I think about the US: I think the maximum we can get is to the quarter-finals.
senz72
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brazil are going to win with Germany in the final.

England: Quarter finals (hopefully!)
Enoxial
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by boris the animal)
Your thoughts, gentlemen: 1) Who's gonna win? :king1:2) Will England play in the final? Here is what I think about the US: I think the maximum we can get is to the quarter-finals.
Brazil
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brazil, Spain or Germany.

England would do well to reach the quarters.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brazil or Argentina. Can't see a European team doing it.
lucaspjones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Spain without a doubt, England for the quarter-finals.
Sagacious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brazil or Argentina
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Argentina or Spain..
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Argentina first winner for me but as a darkhorse, I think I'll go with Uruguay.

England will have done well to get to the quarters. Anything better is excellent.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think Iran will win, Brazil and Germany to depart the competition during the group stages.

Got a pound on it and get to be the ruler of the world if it happens, great value for money:yy:
ibby178
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
brazilia
Mackay
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brazil or Argentina.

England can count 2014 a success if they reach the quarters in my opinion. Anything better will cause them to be clapped off the plane when they return.
bluester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
brazil, argentina, spain or Germany. cant see anyone else winning! England quarter finals I suspect, but no one knows what the draw is yet so hard to predict
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
England can count 2014 a success if they reach the quarters in my opinion. Anything better will cause them to be clapped off the plane when they return.
This is England we're talking about, with the amount of overhyping that goes on anything less than the final would cause them to be booed off the plane! If they make it that far I'll run naked around Trafalgar Square.

Agree with you though, I can't see past Brazil or Argentina. I believe Spain in the last World Cup was the first time a European team had won the tournament outside of Europe.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Germany probably have a better XI than Spain atm, including midfield, so I'd say they're the Europea favourite. Spain look like the playhers have been together for a bit too long and some like Xavi need to be phased out in favour of Mata etc but no denying the quality they have too. Dunno how good Diego Costa is but he could make the difference too.

Brazil are actually a significantly inferior team to these 2 but home advantage makes them favourites.

Argentina havent got a hope, they could name 11 world class attackers but their defence is shocking as usual so theyll inevitably get done 4-0 by Germany in the QF again.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Germany probably have a better XI than Spain atm, including midfield, so I'd say they're the Europea favourite. Spain look like the playhers have been together for a bit too long and some like Xavi need to be phased out in favour of Mata etc but no denying the quality they have too. Dunno how good Diego Costa is but he could make the difference too.

Brazil are actually a significantly inferior team to these 2 but home advantage makes them favourites.

Argentina havent got a hope, they could name 11 world class attackers but their defence is shocking as usual so theyll inevitably get done 4-0 by Germany in the QF again.
Actually Argentina's defence isn't so bad any more. If you watch they are a much better team defensively now than they were under Maradona :lol:
Founts123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think that the european teams will struggle with the heat/atmosphere ect. I can't see england getting to the semi's but i would be happy with a quarter final place.

I think that Brazil will be in the final and the semi finals will contain

1.Brazil
2.Spain
3.Germany
4.Belgium
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Actually Argentina's defence isn't so bad any more. If you watch they are a much better team defensively now than they were under Maradona :lol:
Couldnt get any worse really but fair enough. I suppose Zabaleta and Mascerano are good enough but I dread to think who else they play. They also lack good ball playing midfielders normally so they tend to resort to what can only be described as fifa13 football where the strikers get hold of the ball and just try to force a wondergoal.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think England will progress no further than the semi-finals and I think Germany will probably win it by beating Brazil in the final.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Couldnt get any worse really but fair enough. I suppose Zabaleta and Mascerano are good enough but I dread to think who else they play. They also lack good ball playing midfielders normally so they tend to resort to what can only be described as fifa13 football where the strikers get hold of the ball and just try to force a wondergoal.
Garay and Fernandez and Zabaleta is a pretty good defence, its keeper and left back where they have problems. Sergi Romero doesn't even start for his local team yet he is still first choice. Willy Cabalero should have earned a cap by now its absolutely criminal that he hasn't! Rojo is just well terrible.

Midfield is okay they have Mascherano, Banega, Biglia and Gago as their main midfielders. Up front there's no need to explain anything about them :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.2%
The paper was reasonable (394)
42.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.18%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.16%

Watched Threads