would you be friends with the other gender if there was no sex? Watch

Poll: well?
i am a guy and i'd still like to be around women (33)
41.25%
i am a guy and no (9)
11.25%
i am a gal and i'd still like to to around men (36)
45%
i am a gal and no (2)
2.5%
mimi112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
would you still want to connect to members of the other sex, would you still find them interesting, fun to be around or worth it at all if sex was never involved?
emski
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You mean as friends? I have lots of guy friends who I don't fancy. Or do you mean boyfriends as in going out?
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:facepalm:

YES! Girls and guys can be just friends ya know
Steezy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol I kinda get what you mean. Girls are annoying and usually don't share my interests. If there was no such thing as love & sex, I doubt it
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yea, sure.
mrhedgehog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I have many friends who are girls but that does not mean I am physically attracted to them that I want to have sex with them.
Willum Infanta
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Of course, I have quite a few female friends who I don't have any feelings for whatsoever, they're just nice people to be around
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So... never talk to half the people around me because of preconceived notions about them? Sounds like a fantastic way to miss out on great friendships.

I have plenty of guy friends I don't fancy. Not to mention my brother :lol: I'd be genuinely bored without him at my parents' house.
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With all due respect, OP, this sounds like the sort of attitude only a socially inept person would have. So no.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yup, the other gender is for more than just sex :lol:
DannyYYYY
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What kind of question's that?
:coma:
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ham22)
If you can't find anything to appreciate or enjoy in women beyond their vaginas, feel free to stop lying to them and hire prostitutes.
Couldn't have put it better myself. Don't pretend to be someone's friend if you don't really want to be.
mrhedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
With all due respect, OP, this sounds like the sort of attitude only a socially inept person would have. So no.
I see you in every thread!!!
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mrhedgehog)
I see you in every thread!!!
I'm asserting my alphaness all over TSR. Name:  46503_428813272225_351749002225_4765972_47404_n.jpeg
Views: 601
Size:  38.9 KB

To stay on topic, it's really sad quite a large number of people are socially stunted to the degree they're incapable of forming friendships with half the human race, TBH. I quite pity them.
mrhedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm asserting my alphaness all over TSR. Name:  46503_428813272225_351749002225_4765972_47404_n.jpeg
Views: 601
Size:  38.9 KB

To stay on topic, it's really sad quite a large number of people are socially stunted to the degree they're incapable of forming friendships with half the human race, TBH. I quite pity them.
I don't see why it is so hard to make friends with a girl though. All you have to do is look at them as a non-sex object. Btw are you female or male or both? :confused::confused:
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mrhedgehog)
I don't see why it is so hard to make friends with a girl though. All you have to do is look at them as a non-sex object. Btw are you female or male or both? :confused::confused:
Yeah I know, lol, I hardly know anyone IRL who has this "problem". I suppose TSR is hardly an accurate representation of people our age, though... :teehee:

I'm alpha. That is my gender :fyi:
mrhedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I know, lol, I hardly know anyone IRL who has this "problem". I suppose TSR is hardly an accurate representation of people our age, though... :teehee:

I'm alpha. That is my gender :fyi:
Yeah me too, apart from a few odd people. Yes I guess so

No seriously I am curious to know - are you a guy?
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Three guys said no? What is this?
jacob1208
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. I have quite a few female friends, who I am not attracted to
username1084946
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  Oh Looooook.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  47.7 KB

Damn, I'm male and not "straight" and most of my good friends are female.
And for the record, I have a few male friends as well but the last thing I'd want to do with either would be to have relations with them! I believe that you can be friends with the same or opposite sex regardless of whether your going to get something out of it. If that's how some people think these days then that's a real shame in my opinion, your not really being "friends" with someone if your'e expecting something out of it - then your using people!

To be honest, I find every single person interesting in some way and can figure out a way to connect with them, I just choose not to act on my wants to get to know them. :dry:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (536)
26.39%
The paper was reasonable (884)
43.53%
Not feeling great about that exam (397)
19.55%
It was TERRIBLE (214)
10.54%

Watched Threads