Liverpool Applicant Discovery Day 2014 Watch

Rhys_Champers
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been offered a conditional place for Liverpool to do Law

Was just wondering, will anyone else be taking friends or family with them when they go for their discovery day?

Any replies would be appreciated
rakeemislam_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got offered a place to do Law as well, my first choice Uni as well, I'm taking my parents with me on the applicant open day thing
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an offer to study Law with Criminology and I'm going to the Applicant Day on 15th February and I'm taking my friend with me or if she cant make it, I'll go myself :P really love this university and was in tears when I got an offer.
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an offer for Marketing with a year industry and Liverpool is my first choice. Does anybody know the dates of the applicant days for next year, I can't go to the one for this month.
maryamzahid
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
I got an offer for Marketing with a year industry and Liverpool is my first choice. Does anybody know the dates of the applicant days for next year, I can't go to the one for this month.
there is one on the 25th January and one on the 15th February. Im going on the 15th February one
The Status
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Going to the 15th Feb one for mechanical engineering, not been offered a place yet but the invitation said i will if i attend
lshmcon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to the February one too for aerospace engineering. Have we read it correctly that if we go we will get an offer?
Saleem Aslam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to the One on the 15th of February.
I have a conditional offer for International Business with a year in Industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lshmcon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If we have been invited to an 'Applicant Discovery Day' does that mean that we will receive an offer? As I have been invited to one, but have not yet received an offer by e-mail or on the Ucas website. Any help? Thanks
neildoherty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lshmcon)
If we have been invited to an 'Applicant Discovery Day' does that mean that we will receive an offer? As I have been invited to one, but have not yet received an offer by e-mail or on the Ucas website. Any help? Thanks
Not necessarily. I have attended one already at Hull, people that had not been accepted had been invited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PickwickianGeek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by neildoherty)
Not necessarily. I have attended one already at Hull, people that had not been accepted had been invited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm attending the Applicant Discovery Day on 5th March and on the website it says you will receive an offer if you have been invited to a Discovery Day.

http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/openday/

If you scroll down to the part about discovery days, it says "Successful applicants are being invited by email to attend a Discovery Day between December 2013 and April 2014".

Why would they say successful if they were not going to receive an offer?
maryamzahid
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PickwickianGeek)
I'm attending the Applicant Discovery Day on 5th March and on the website it says you will receive an offer if you have been invited to a Discovery Day.

If you scroll down to the part about discovery days, it says "Successful applicants are being invited by email to attend a Discovery Day between December 2013 and April 2014".

I might go to the 5th March one instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
neildoherty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PickwickianGeek)

Could be an administrative error. But, you should hear back from them before the applicant day anyway!
andyfirth111
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi have had the same problem in terms of not receiving an e-mail although i received the letter. To register for your Discovery Day log-on using the details given to you in the first e-mail you received of the University about conformation of receiving your application, use the link, log on go to 'My Events' and scroll down and look for the 'Group invitations' section where you will see the invitation for the Discovery Day and there you can register
Order 66
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Going to the 15th March one for Law.
zahra21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah it means they've offered you a place. I got that email before my UCAS changed as well!
The Status
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to the February one too for aerospace engineering. Have we read it correctly that if we go we will get an offer?
I emailed them asking, it is correct that if we attend we will receive and offer
Lance Jack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to the February one for Geology! Got an offer then an email 2 days later
itsbethaaany
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've got an offer for genetics and I'm going on the 15th! who else is going there, anyone going up the night before, i come from essex so it's easier for me to go up on the Friday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andyfirth111)
Hi have had the same problem in terms of not receiving an e-mail although i received the letter. To register for your Discovery Day log-on using the details given to you in the first e-mail you received of the University about conformation of receiving your application, use the link, log on go to 'My Events' and scroll down and look for the 'Group invitations' section where you will see the invitation for the Discovery Day and there you can register
Did you receive an offer once you confirmed
Your place on the discovery day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

How has 2019 been so far?