Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

In the middle of applying via UCAS/GTTR. Ive got my Personal Statesman which is 47 lines long. However im slightly confused by the further 20 lines it asks for about school and work experience??? should I have not included all the in the main body of my statement??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stecash)
    Hi All,

In the middle of applying via UCAS/GTTR. Ive got my Personal Statesman which is 47 lines long. However im slightly confused by the further 20 lines it asks for about school and work experience??? should I have not included all the in the main body of my statement??
    The 20 lines a re for the basics. So the name of the school, length of the placement, when it was etc. You should have stated in your personal statement what you've learnt from this experience, not in this section.

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

(Original post by Shelly_x)
    The 20 lines a re for the basics. So the name of the school, length of the placement, when it was etc. You should have stated in your personal statement what you've learnt from this experience, not in this section.
    Shelly's hit the nail on the head. Your personal statement should address what you want to do the course, why you think you'd be good at it/committed to it and what you can contribute to the course/university.

To answer these you'll draw on specific examples from your education (i.e. how academic you are) and employment (how your work experience has shaped your thinking and instilled a keenness to pursue this career - if this is relevant of course) - but what you shouldn't include is things like the name of your school. That's what this the second box is for.

Try not to over-think it though! It's easy to find the UCAS process quite daunting, but as long as you stick to your objectives you'll be totally fine.

Best of luck.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hi All,

It's just to list the dates and locations of all your experience (both in teaching and at work in general), plus a brief summary of your role. It seems very long because some people may be entering teaching after having worked for a couple of decades.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.