Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So lets say I have a graduate job offer to start September 2014, but it's not the one i was hoping to land. But the applications for the ones i would like to land applications open in July 2014 for a September 2015 start

1)Is it possible to go through the application process in around 2 months if i do all the stages A.S.A.P

2)Is it possible to pull out of a grad scheme you have already accepted around a month or two before you start?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just accept and pull out later if you have to. They probably have a waiting list.

ReputationRep:
    Reneging isn't a great start to your career. Assuming you have an offer for something in IB (seeing as this is in the IB forum, but I don't know anywhere that has applications open in July for a September start) - finance is a small world and people talk. By reneging you are really sending the wrong signals.

Obviously this depends on what job you've got and where you would like to be.

ReputationRep:
    To the guy above; he means July 2014 apps open - September 2015 job start. Obviously.

But yeh, just bang through the app cycle quickly and then pull out once you get the offer you want. If you don't get them, take the one you do have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Reneging isn't a great start to your career. Assuming you have an offer for something in IB (seeing as this is in the IB forum, but I don't know anywhere that has applications open in July for a September start) - finance is a small world and people talk. By reneging you are really sending the wrong signals.

Obviously this depends on what job you've got and where you would like to be.
    People do it all the time though. As long as you don't do something stupid like fake an offer letter and spell 'Bank of America' wrong then you won't get blacklisted.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.