Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How much ish does it cost to be added to your parents insurance so you can drive their car? I've been learning for 4 months and really want to practise my menouvers more. How much does it cost?

ReputationRep:
    Depends 110% on the car's value, power, size etc

ReputationRep:
    Its a 2004 daewoo matiz if that helps? I only want a rough idea

ReputationRep:
    Think they're insurance group 2, so probably not a lot. It costs £470 extra for me to be on my Mum's insurance, which is group 3. Also, I'm a guy so that'll raise the price. At a guess, not much over £400 but phone up the company and they'll give you an exact figure.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps just get on it for a month before your test? That's the time you'll most benefit from the experience and if you only have a month your parents are more likely to seize the opportunity and take you out (or so I found).

ReputationRep:
    www.confused.com

Put all your details in, make some up if you don't know them and then that will calculate the rough price. Easy.

Graham

ReputationRep:
    I believe around £350, it's only group two. But where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    Soooooooooooooo many variables, just go to www.confused.com and get a definitive answer.

We can never tell you how much it will cost you because we don't have enough information. Just go onto a insurance company broker or website and do it online, it will take you 30 mins at the most and you will have a fairly accurate idea of how much it will cost!

Graham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Soooooooooooooo many variables, just go to www.confused.com and get a definitive answer.

We can never tell you how much it will cost you because we don't have enough information. Just go onto a insurance company broker or website and do it online, it will take you 30 mins at the most and you will have a fairly accurate idea of how much it will cost!

Graham
    If you do that though make sure to put the initial details in as your Mum, and yourself in as a 2nd driver.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I'l ring up the insurance company and see. Hopefully I can do it monthy and just pay for 1 or 2 months - that would be so much better because I doubt I'l need to drive her car for a year (well if I pass my test within a year fingers crossed) Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepgirl)
    Hopefully I can do it monthy and just pay for 1 or 2 months
    Not sure about that, let us know though!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.