I think my male friend took things too far... Watch

mrhedgehog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So basically I went to a party with my close male friend. I don't drink but he began drinking. I know for sure he wasn't drunk because he behaves differently then. However in front of everyone he started hugging me really tightly and kissing me on the cheek lots of times :eek:, a little bromance is okay and I don't mind that but this really embarrassed me in front of everyone. Surprisingly he is now acting as if nothing happened. I know he isn't gay because he has a girlfriend. Shall I talk to him about it? I don''t know how he will react if I did, or should I ignore it and move away if it happens next time?
Capricancer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get over it. Nothing harmless about it - he's just showing affection to his close friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmmmm, it's well awkward I can imagine, I would leave it...
Who shot John?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So beta
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Who shot John?)
So beta
I declare this alpha

OP, how close are you guys? A couple of my straight male friends who are like "besties" start making gay jokes and pretending to be in love with each other when they're drunk, but then it's clearly a joke.

I can imagine being kissed on the cheek would be awks. But if he has a girlfriend I really doubt he was hitting on you, probs just being a bit too touchy feely :teehee: Maybe he loves you like a brother?
Who shot John?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
I declare this alpha OP, how close are you guys? A couple of my straight male friends who are like "besties" start making gay jokes and pretending to be in love with each other when they're drunk, but then it's clearly a joke. I can imagine being kissed on the cheek would be awks. But if he has a girlfriend I really doubt he was hitting on you, probs just being a bit too touchy feely :teehee: Maybe he loves you like a brother?
Its different with girls, girls kiss all the time, guys don't kiss their mates in an attempt to look 'sexy' or any of that bs. Actually scratch that , I love watching girls make out in front of me. Watching guys kiss is a turn off isnt it?
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Who shot John?)
Its different with girls, girls kiss all the time, guys don't kiss their mates in an attempt to look 'sexy' or any of that bs. Actually scratch that , I love watching girls make out in front of me. Watching guys kiss is a turn off isnt it?
I was thinking the guy might be gay at first, but as OP said he has a girlfriend?

Having said that, I did know a guy who was very touchy-feely with all his male friends, came out of his relationship, and came out as bi a few months later. :ahee:

Watching guys kiss is a total turn on for me. Why wouldn't it be? :hubba:
mrhedgehog
Rep:
?
I declare this alpha

OP, how close are you guys? A couple of my straight male friends who are like "besties" start making gay jokes and pretending to be in love with each other when they're drunk, but then it's clearly a joke.

I can imagine being kissed on the cheek would be awks. But if he has a girlfriend I really doubt he was hitting on you, probs just being a bit too touchy feely :teehee: Maybe he loves you like a brother?
Well I am close with guys, we make gay jokes and hug etc, but not the way he was doing it that day. It might have been a joke but I reckon it did give the wrong impression to anyone else watching us.
Yeah but I wouldn't do that to my brother, maybe I am just over reacting?
FavouriteWW
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The same thing happened to me when my friend got drunk. He started hugging me and he licked my ear. The next time I saw him I mentioned it and he said sorry.
Who shot John?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was thinking the guy might be gay at first, but as OP said he has a girlfriend? Having said that, I did know a guy who was very touchy-feely with all his male friends, came out of his relationship, and came out as bi a few months later. :ahee: Watching guys kiss is a total turn on for me. Why wouldn't it be? :hubba:
oh nevermind
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mrhedgehog)
Well I am close with guys, we make gay jokes and hug etc, but not the way he was doing it that day. It might have been a joke but I reckon it did give the wrong impression to anyone else watching us.
Yeah but I wouldn't do that to my brother, maybe I am just over reacting?
Just ask him to not do that again next time he tries if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Or pull uncomfortable faces and make shifty eyes, I'm sure he'll get the message.

I dunno, some guys I know who are really close do make gay jokes for fun but that is when they are quite drunk and as you say he wasn't.

But just talk to him and it won't affect you
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FavouriteWW)
The same thing happened to me when my friend got drunk. He started hugging me and he licked my ear. The next time I saw him I mentioned it and he said sorry.
:rofl:
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know he isn't gay because he has a girlfriend.
Not exactly conclusive, is it?
AristoBrat!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it was just random affection. As long as there was no crotch grabbing, don't jump to conclusions. Still, if you have to, just bring it up as a 'haha remember that night...' And then you'll know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mrhedgehog
Rep:
?
(Original post by AristoBrat!)
I think it was just random affection. As long as there was no crotch grabbing, don't jump to conclusions. Still, if you have to, just bring it up as a 'haha remember that night...' And then you'll know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I told him about how it was really awkward that night, he apologised to me but now I feel bad for mentioning it to him
AristoBrat!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I told him about how it was really awkward that night, he apologised to me but now I feel bad for mentioning it to him
Aww, it'll be forgotten soon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen many boys fussing over trivial things like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
30.57%
The paper was reasonable (525)
39.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (226)
17.06%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.75%

Watched Threads