The pill and no condoms? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Me and my boyfriend have started to be sexually active and I went on the pill because I don't want to get pregnant. Since I've been on the pill we've stopped using condoms. Should we still use them? I'm not worried about STIs/STDs as much as getting pregnant... Just wanted another opinion really.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You SHOULD be worried about STDs. Before stopping using condoms, you should BOTH have a test to make sure you're clean. As you've already stopped, have a test ASAP, and make sure you trust each other completely.

With regards to the pill, it's perfectly safe without a condom as long as you follow the instructions to the letter.
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
unless you were both virgins, get a STD test before getting rid of condoms.

in terms of pregnancy, if the pill is taken correctly then it should be safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's up to you. Taken properly, the pill is very, very reliable. Using condoms as well will reduce the risk of pregnancy still further. Whether it is already low enough is, as I say, up to you.

Do you experience any difference in the experience between using condoms and not? If not, or if the difference is negative, then restarting using condoms is sensible. If the difference is positive, then you need to decide if it's worth the very small difference in reliability.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
He has had a test before when he's been with others, and he was my first. He's pretty sure he's clean and like I'm guessing I am as well yeah... I do trust him 100% Should I still go and get tested?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me and my boyfriend have started to be sexually active and I went on the pill because I don't want to get pregnant. Since I've been on the pill we've stopped using condoms. Should we still use them? I'm not worried about STIs/STDs as much as getting pregnant... Just wanted another opinion really.
If used correctly the combined pill is over 99% effective, more effective at preventing pregnancy than condoms so using the pill alone is enough (as long as your both sure you're free of STIs of course). If it makes you feel more secure to use condoms as backup then do so, I have a copper IUD which like the pill is more than 99% effective but I still get my boyfriend to wear a condom when we have sex during my fertile part of my cycle as it makes me feel more secure to do so.
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Safer to use condoms to decrease the chances of getting pregnant as none of the contraceptives are 100% effective. Also, I hope your boyfriend is in monogamous relationship with you and does not have any STDs. Otherwise, I would be worried.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
You SHOULD be worried about STDs. Before stopping using condoms, you should BOTH have a test to make sure you're clean. As you've already stopped, have a test ASAP, and make sure you trust each other completely.

With regards to the pill, it's perfectly safe without a condom as long as you follow the instructions to the letter.
Exactly. Listen to her OP.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by donutaud15)
unless you were both virgins, get a STD test before getting rid of condoms.

in terms of pregnancy, if the pill is taken correctly then it should be safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please read this everyone.
http://www.theguardian.com/environme...raceptive-pill
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (161)
22.09%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.66%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.52%

Watched Threads