Changes to family income since applying for SFE Watch

Hyina24
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Dear sir/madam,

When I applied for SFE funding back in March 2013 my mother who I lived with had a full time job and my loans and grants were based on her income. However since then she had been made redundant and had to leave the country.

I therefore now live alone in the UK, in London studying full time at KCL. Due to the nature of my rent I have to pay a large deposit fee as well as paying 3 months in advance therefore so far for 3 months of living I have paid for 6 months.

I am now living on £50 to last me until my next SFE payment which isn't until 6th January, in London. Is there anyway that I can update my family income on my application (tried and couldn't) and also receive emergency funding help?

Thank you very much.

Hyina (not my real name btw)
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Hyina,

If your mother was the only parent supporting your application, we will require your mother to complete and return a Current Tax Year Income Details (CYI) form. This is available from - http://bit.ly/12m5WkC

Once we receive this, we will be able to review your entitlement for the current academic year.

In the meantime we also ask you speak to your place of study to check if you qualify for any hardship payments.

Thanks
Hyina24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi Hyina,

If your mother was the only parent supporting your application, we will require your mother to complete and return a Current Tax Year Income Details (CYI) form. This is available from - http://bit.ly/12m5WkC

Once we receive this, we will be able to review your entitlement for the current academic year.

In the meantime we also ask you speak to your place of study to check if you qualify for any hardship payments.

Thanks
Thank you Mark, I've already contacted my uni and they advised me to ask SFE to revise my entitled loans/maintenance fees first. I will contact my mum but as she is no longer in this country it may be difficult.

Kind regards,

Hyina
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Hyina,

Thanks your reply.

We will certainly aim to process the CYI form as soon as possible once your mother sends this to us.

Thanks
Hyina24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi Hyina,

Thanks your reply.

We will certainly aim to process the CYI form as soon as possible once your mother sends this to us.

Thanks
Hi Mark, I've sent the forms now, and hope it gets resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Hyina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads