I want to study Electronic Engineering, just worried if I wont satisfy the uni Watch

captain123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I want to study Electronic Engineering at the University of Leeds, I am currently studying BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and aiming for D*D*D* including distinction in Further Maths for Technician plus A-Level Maths at grade A.

My only problem is that in GCSE's, my teacher said I wasn't capable of studying GCSE Science (Double Award), so she put me down to BTEC Science, which was annoying because I was good at physics and enjoyed it, but wasn't good at biology or chemistry which put me down to BTEC Overall, so will University of Leeds consider my application having studied BTEC Science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leeds
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi

Sorry for the slow reply, I missed this thread last week.

I've spoken to the admissions team, and they say...

"They are absolutely fine to apply. We don’t require GCSE science so it doesn’t matter that they didn’t take it. The only GCSE we require is English above a grade C as per the standard University entry requirement. Their Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma is one of our standard entry routes and their predicted grades are great so please do encourage them to apply."

Good luck with your application, and let me know if you need anything else

Amanda
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed