Turn on thread page Beta

how many uni's have you visited as a prospective student? watch

ReputationRep:
    just realised i have been to a excessive amount of unis, either open days, tours or just a looking around on my own.

i'm wondering what the average amount people visit is?

incase anyones interested these are the ones i've been to...
    Plymouth, exeter, southampton, cardiff, oxford brooks, Bath, portsmouth, reading, brighton, sussex, birmingham, aston, sheffield...so 13 in total (I've also visited Bristol, Derby, worcester + sheffield hallam for other reasons)

edit to add: oh, and Glasgow should be on the end there too.

....i only actually went to Bath and Plymouth before i applied. and didnt even apply for Bath, it was yucky.
    I have been to a lot more this time, but nothing yet beats sheffield! (where i ended up going)

and to the suggestion of a poll, yeh, i didnt think of that.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt go to any
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    only went to the ones i applied to, went to 5 out of those 6.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Edinburgh, Abertay, Durham and Cambridge as a prospective student, but I'd also randomly been round Aberdeen for something else.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Exeter, Sheffield, Sussex, and Oxford (St. Edmund Hall).

Oh yeah, and broke into Warwick on a non-open day. That was fun.

ReputationRep:
    Went to Sussex and Keele as a visit (had offer) day, Aberystwyth as an open day, and Kent twice once before I applied (not open day) and once on the visit day after I had my offer- I was so sure it was going to be my first choice! oh how things can change...

ReputationRep:
    I went to look at Lancaster and Kent twice (once general, once on UCAS day) Loughborough on UCAS day, Stirling on a general day as part of my summer holiday and Essex on a school trip to encourage people to go to university. so that's 5

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to any

Applied for:
    Northumbria
    Liverpool JMU
    Mancester Met
    Bournemouth
    Lincoln
    Sheffield Hallam

What's Sheffield Hallam like? Apparently alot of the students are from Sheffield or nearby That implies like they'll live less like they're up for banter :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield Hallam is my firm and when I went there was qite a few that weren't from Sheffield. I live 3 bours away so not all of them are. I looked round Oxford Brookes, Nottingham Trent and Sheffield Hallam.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, have been around, either on general open days or random visits:-

Bath, Bristol, Warwick, UCL, Durham, York, Newcastle and Cambridge.

edit: That's 8 Universities ladies and gentlemen.

2. With college. I am not applying to either.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial, Cambridge, Oxford, Loughborough, Birmingham and Manchester for random open days and looks round, but you can't really count Cambridge as I live there, and just got friend's bro and his friends to show me round the colleges.

ReputationRep:
    I went to none before I applied, and after I applied I went to Bangor, Sheffield and Surrey.

ReputationRep:
    I've only visited Sheffield and Leeds. but i've been to sheffield twice - once for a general open day and once for a History department open day.

ReputationRep:
    I went to two on open days - Bath and Cardiff. I go to Bath now

I also went to Bristol to see my friends that go there, and Reading when my Dad graduated.

ReputationRep:
    Just went to Manchester Met on an open day & looked around Leeds when I had an interview. That's it, they were the only 2 places that I really wanted to go to though.

ReputationRep:
    Just Oxford and Cambridge.

I've seen the cities of Sheffield, Manchester and London but haven't been around the actual universities. I'm going to visit York next week and maybe Leeds.

I'll visit all the ones I actually apply to, though.

ReputationRep:
    I just went to Stirling, and made it my firm the when I got home. I liked the place, no point going else where.

ReputationRep:
    been to leeds and uce,also been to a fair few staying in halls with mates, gives you a great idea of what to expect from the uni.....

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham, Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam, Lincoln, De Montfort, Loughborough, Nottingham

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.