Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I couldn't see this thread anywhere so I thought I would create it.

ReputationRep:
    I have also applied to Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 206oste)
    I have also applied to Nottingham
    Thats awesome how did you do in the GAMSAT and is this your first time applying ?

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys,

I've not applied this year (couldn't afford it) but I'm going to be applying next year. I've already done the GAMSAT and have a score of 65 (66 using the alternative calculation), going to keep an eye on this thread so I have more information for when I do apply.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    Heya guys,

I've not applied this year (couldn't afford it) but I'm going to be applying next year. I've already done the GAMSAT and have a score of 65 (66 using the alternative calculation), going to keep an eye on this thread so I have more information for when I do apply.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll get an interview with that score even with the reduced places the cut off with someone with a 2:1 is 59. Luckily this year I got 60 and have a 1st so I'm hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    You'll get an interview with that score even with the reduced places the cut off with someone with a 2:1 is 59. Luckily this year I got 60 and have a 1st so I'm hopefully
    Yeah pretty confident. Now just working on building up my work experience and saving like crazy. As long as the government doesn't pull the funding I should be good to interview next year.

How's your interview prep going? Do you know roughly when Notts does interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    Yeah pretty confident. Now just working on building up my work experience and saving like crazy. As long as the government doesn't pull the funding I should be good to interview next year.

How's your interview prep going? Do you know roughly when Notts does interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't even thought about interview prep until they send me an interview confirmation. I don't want to jinx myself too soon.
    I have a fair amount of experience and working this year to save for the first year payment etc etc.
    Sounds you have a good plan going buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    Thats awesome how did you do in the GAMSAT and is this your first time applying ?
    Yes it's my first time applying. Went really well 74 Although all I have heard from Nottingham is that they have released their cut off score.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's my first time applying. Went really well 74 Although all I have heard from Nottingham is that they have released their cut off score.
    Yeah they haven't sent out invites yet but they're mass email pretty much rejected anyone below 59 today. 74 is an awesome score "go hard and go fast" comes to mind haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    Yeah they haven't sent out invites yet but they're mass email pretty much rejected anyone below 59 today. 74 is an awesome score "go hard and go fast" comes to mind haha
    Thanks! How did you do? Where else have you applied? I was very surprised to be honest. I'm new to this whole forum thing so sorry if you have answered those questions elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! How did you do? Where else have you applied? I was very surprised to be honest. I'm new to this whole forum thing so sorry if you have answered those questions elsewhere.
    I'm new too and still confused as well so don't worry.

I've applied to Swansea, Notts, Newcastle and Warwick.

I thought I'd hedge my bets and do 2 UKCAT and 2 GAMSAT

I got (57 68 55) 60 in the GAMSAT but last year I got 57 and just missed out.

Is Nottingham your first choice ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    I'm new too and still confused as well so don't worry.

I've applied to Swansea, Notts, Newcastle and Warwick.

I thought I'd hedge my bets and do 2 UKCAT and 2 GAMSAT

I got (57 68 55) 60 in the GAMSAT but last year I got 57 and just missed out.

Is Nottingham your first choice ?
    Yes Nottingham is my first choice when I went to look around I really liked it and it's local(ish). Is it your first choice? I had a quick look through other posts on different boards and it appears that few people have applied to Notts compared to other places.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Nottingham is my first choice when I went to look around I really liked it and it's local(ish). Is it your first choice? I had a quick look through other posts on different boards and it appears that few people have applied to Notts compared to other places.
    Yeah it is, I loved the Grad building at the back of Royal Derby Infirmary. I also spent a lot of time in Notts as my girlfriend studied Law there, it is a really cool city.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why Nottingham hold their interviews much later than other GEM courses?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why Nottingham hold their interviews much later than other GEM courses?
    It could have something to do with the the work experience form you have to fill out before interview and then they spot check to see if you were honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    It could have something to do with the the work experience form you have to fill out before interview and then they spot check to see if you were honest.
    I hadn't even considered that, sound logic though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone heard anything more from Nottingham after the cut-off e-mail went out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    Hey, has anyone heard anything more from Nottingham after the cut-off e-mail went out?
    No unfortunately I suspect it will be next week or first week of Dec before we do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    No unfortunately I suspect it will be next week or first week of Dec before we do
    Oh pants, I do so hate the waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who has met the cut off heard anything else since the mass email ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 2, 2015

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.