Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are we provided with accommodation for the day before the interview? Mine, if I do get invited, will be on the 10th December, but if I arrive on 9th (I want to rest well before it, rather than be jetlegged and all tired), will I be provided accommodation, or do I have to find my own?

ReputationRep:
    Yep you do. Your letter (on interview offer) will tell you when you are expected to arrive.

ReputationRep:
    People are usually told to arrive the night immediately before the day of their interview(s), though it depends on the subject. If you need to come up earlier than the stated arrival date, you should contact the college you've applied to about it. I'm pretty sure that they would be fine to accommodate you but you'd need to notify them in advance so they can plan for your arrival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_chemist)
    Are we provided with accommodation for the day before the interview? Mine, if I do get invited, will be on the 10th December, but if I arrive on 9th (I want to rest well before it, rather than be jetlegged and all tired), will I be provided accommodation, or do I have to find my own?
    I don't see why not - as long as you inform your college ASAP, you should be all right. I requested and got accommodation the night before and the night after my interviews ended I think. I should qualify this by saying I'm an international student, but even then, I don't see why they'd disagree if you're coming from somewhere far out!

ReputationRep:
    This is reassuring- it would take me about 8 hours to travel to Oxford so it's nice to know they can provide for extra nights of accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! I guess I'll wait for the letter then.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.