Does race matters in romance? Watch

DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by silvershadows)
You don't get called sexist for being gay... so how is it racist for one to only be attracted to those in the same race?
Because there has to be a feature of that race that is either absent or superior to other races that you find attractive.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Slow replying strikes again :P
Hehe.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not to me
zohaib01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
People have preferences one of them is race! so it does matter as bad as it sounds thats just how shallow most of us are
Tyrion_Lannister
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dominic101)
Why is this worst than other preferences?
Having a preference for how someone looks is fine. Thinking a person will act a certain way because they're from a different race is racist
silvershadows
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Because there has to be a feature of that race that is either absent or superior to other races that you find attractive.
Unrelated, but I love Oscar Wilde!
But isn't that the same with gender (as in, the way you're born)? Maybe I'm just hopelessly missing the point...
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
That true, I've seen guys on here say how they want a non western woman because they think she'll be quieter and treat him better and that's a stereotype. I prefer Asian guys myself but that's because of how they look, nothing to do with any notion of what I think an Asian guy is like. I just like dark haired men :sexface: I've had friends ask me "so what's it like going out with an Asian guy?" and my response is always "like going out with any guy.". The question pisses me off
Yeah, if a guy started going about those EVIL LIBERATED WESTERN FEMINISTS and how Asian wimmenz are all so nice and do as the men tell them, I would immediately pull the plug :lol: And one could definitely have a racial preference based on appearance without fetishising people (a friend of mine prefers Black guys solely because of physical attributes - no, not for that reason! )
Dylann
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Growing up in North London as a white male most of my friends and people I come into contact with on weekdays are non-white. There are loads of whites "available", but I prefer hanging around with non-whites for some reason. I don't actively seek out non-whites but I always end up with them haha.

The same can be applied for romance. I find I'm attracted to indian/South asian girls more so than whites. This could be because I've grown up with many non-whites as friends.

Saying this, I would like my Wife to be Christian (like me) and there aren't too many south asian/indian Christians where I'm from (perhaps tamil, but a small minority)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But isn't that the same with gender (as in, the way you're born). Maybe I'm just hopelessly missing the point...
You're not missing the point, some people are just wilfully contrary.
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not racist to have racial preferences. Providing you're not fetishising your partner for being "exotic" there is nothing wrong with it. Lol @ the comments
Yeah like some white women fetishing black men based on the big dxck stereotype. Now that's clearly wrong, when you're only marrying somebody because of that.
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
No
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It really depends. Some races do look better than others. For example I think that white girls till the age of 23 are on average better looking. After that, they age like they're milk. By the time they're in their mid 30s, they start to look a complete mess. Beyond that however no one can touch a Dominican or a red bone black girl imo. I personally don't find Asians or orientals all that sexually/physically attractive either.

Just keepin it 100.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But isn't that the same with gender (as in, the way you're born). Maybe I'm just hopelessly missing the point...
Lol thanks!.

Well, I think to an extent. With sexuality, you cannot help who you are attracted to.

I think people that have a certain attraction towards particular races have certain psychological reasons that they may have not realised in a lot of cases. So, in a way it is racist, but it shouldn't be equated with other and more insidious forms of it.
Tyrion_Lannister
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
Yeah, if a guy started going about those EVIL LIBERATED WESTERN FEMINISTS and how Asian wimmenz are all so nice and do as the men tell them, I would immediately pull the plug :lol: And one could definitely have a racial preference based on appearance without fetishising people (a friend of mine prefers Black guys solely because of physical attributes - no, not for that reason! )
Exactly! It's just creepy. That's what she tells you

(Original post by 2ndClass)
It really depends. Some races do look better than others. For example I think that white girls till the age of 23 are on average better looking. After that, they age like they're milk. By the time they're in their mid 30s, they start to look a complete mess. . Beyond that however no one can touch a Dominican or a red bone black girl imo. I personally don't find Asians or orientals all that sexually/physically attractive either.

Just keepin it 100.
Are you sure that's not just people who look bad? My mum's white, 50, and looks about 35.
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Exactly! It's just creepy. That's what she tells you

Are you sure that's not just people who look bad? My mum's white, 50, and looks about 35.
I know it's subjective to people, I'm just speaking from my experience.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
White, black, asian, whatever... you can't play the race card to try and escape. I'm an equal opportunities sex offender
Tyrion_Lannister
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 2ndClass)
I know it's subjective to people, I'm just speaking from my experience.
Fair enough, I just think it tends to be more that a lot of white people don't take are of their skin rather than there being a genetic tendency to look like that
silvershadows
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Lol thanks!.

Well, I think to an extent. With sexuality, you cannot help who you are attracted to.

I think people that have a certain attraction towards particular races have certain psychological reasons that they may have not realised in a lot of cases. So, in a way it is racist, but it shouldn't be equated with other and more insidious forms of it.
Some people are only attracted to people with dark eyes, which isn't always connected to their race.

There could be psychological elements at times, but surely not in all cases?
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
White, black, asian, whatever... you can't play the race card to try and escape. I'm an equal opportunities sex offender
Well hello thar. Did you know I'm alpha, brah?

Spoiler:
Show
i would berry my **** so deep in your arse whoever could pull it out would be crowned king arthur

Spoiler:
Show
spoilered to avoid breaking rules

It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
Well hello thar. Did you know I'm alpha, brah?

Spoiler:
Show
i would berry my **** so deep in your arse whoever could pull it out would be crowned king arthur

Spoiler:
Show
spoilered to avoid breaking rules

Sorry, but the sex offender's charter strongly prohibits interaction with anyone that refers to themselves as "alpha" or any term used to describe a breast supporting device.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
31.53%
The paper was reasonable (423)
48.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
12.08%
It was TERRIBLE (67)
7.71%

Watched Threads