Turn on thread page Beta

My dad is trying to avoid paying for my uni fees.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amnesia)
    I was not telling you not to make strong judgements about your father, all I was doing was trying to find out 'why' you had such strong opinions against him and whether you grew up with him. Of course it is up to you what opinion you have of him and I can now fully understand why you say you don't love him.

I agree that he owes you a lot and if he had any decency he would try to make up for the miserable upbringing he gave you- whether that be financially or in any other way. Although I am still not sure as to whether he has any requirment to pay you anything once you become an adult.
    I dont have anything from him now except birthday money. I got a full time job and decided myself i don't want anything off of him now. But if i had decided to go to uni, i would have expected him to help me. If i was still living at home he would still be paying bills etc, he gets off so lightly, my mum never begrudges helping me and my brother because she wants us to do well and have a happy life, so he shouldn't. If he was to offer me everything he owned i wouldn't take it though, i would much rather have a nice dad who loved me and didn't hurt me than money.

ReputationRep:
    get a loan like everybody else

ReputationRep:
    You get a loan for a reason. Hopefully you're loan will cover your food and accomadation. Mine doesn't, anyone want to donate £300?

ReputationRep:
    there are grants loans you can get

now I've read you have applied for a loan (sorry)

I think although you're angry at him you should see it from his point of view, sure you could pick up the phone and tell him the info but you chose to text him, how impersonal! I'd be annoyed if someone text me that kind of info!

and if he's such a bad dad why expect anything from him even if he did promisse it, sounds like he expected you to forget about it though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.