It's anti bullying week, so .... Watch

Reporter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm here , and I'm reporting all abusive, bullying posts, to do my bit.
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
You should be anyway.
Effy.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think TSR has gone a bit overboard with this whole anti-bullying thing. Whatever happened to the days of speaking your mind without worrying about the feelings of some emotionally fragile stranger.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They haven't gone overboard..I like it.
Ebony19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Effy.)
I think TSR has gone a bit overboard with this whole anti-bullying thing. Whatever happened to the days of speaking your mind without worrying about the feelings of some emotionally fragile stranger.
Where's the effing negs gone?

It's a shame you're not very nice because I liked your sig
Effy.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ebony19)
Where's the effing negs gone?

It's a shame you're not very nice because I liked your sig
I'm not condoning bullying, but I do think that society is trying to wrap everyone in cotton wool.

And yeah my sig awesome. Cheers
Ebony19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Effy.)
I'm not condoning bullying, but I do think that society is trying to wrap everyone in cotton wool.

And yeah my sig awesome. Cheers
Ok so say society is out to wrap everyone in cotton wool, as of yet we're not all wrapped up are we...

You've obviously never been unlucky enough to have been bullied or made to feel worthless. Or maybe you have but you're lucky enough to have a support network good enough to help you bounce back from it.

Some people don't have these privileges. Some people for example live in poverty or any number of difficult circumstances. If you are already vulnerable, there is no cotton wool and a few snide remarks or stares at school or anywhere for that matter aren't easily brushed off. Without anyone to tell you otherwise you believe them. And if they're reinforced everyday you might reach the end of your tether and want to end it.

If society is doing such a good job of wrapping everyone in cotton wool then tell it to that person.

It's not a joke child, you don't need to use every opportunity to look big in front of your mates. I have faith you'll grow out of it anyway, once life hits you.
Jjj90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Effy.)
I know. Isn't that precisely why they removed 'negs'?
Effy.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ebony19)
Ok so say society is out to wrap everyone in cotton wool, as of yet we're not all wrapped up are we...

You've obviously never been unlucky enough to have been bullied or made to feel worthless. Or maybe you have but you're lucky enough to have a support network good enough to help you bounce back from it.

Some people don't have these privileges. Some people for example live in poverty or any number of difficult circumstances. If you are already vulnerable, there is no cotton wool and a few snide remarks or stares at school or anywhere for that matter aren't easily brushed off. Without anyone to tell you otherwise you believe them. And if they're reinforced everyday you might reach the end of your tether and want to end it.

If society is doing such a good job of wrapping everyone in cotton wool then tell it to that person.

It's not a joke child, you don't need to use every opportunity to look big in front of your mates. I have faith you'll grow out of it anyway, once life hits you.
Spare me the sob story petal everyone has their problems but these same problems are the things that shape us up into a well adjusted adult. I'm just saying that sometimes people need that push to become something better.

I remember this girl that used to get ridiculed for not brushing her long blonde hair, she always looked messy. By the end of the school year she became a new person with a fresh new look and she was one of the popular kids now.

Also child? Big in front of my mates? I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, sweety.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Post and username made me do a lol.

Repped OP.
lyseden
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The irony of this thread
OP is getting bullied

Posted from TSR Mobile
shelleyjohn1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reporter)
Great! I have suffered bullying in the past and wouldn't wish it on ANYONE.
DouglasAdams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think bullying is severely important to tackle but weeks like this don't excessively help, although obviously there's no harm in them.
Often bullying stems from individuals with serious problems themselves.
Alternatively the bullying is caused by those who may not think they're bullying, or do not realise the extent of their actions on the individual they are bullying.

But practically I think we would all love to see bullying entirely eliminated.
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't understand what changing your avatar achieves.
slimmus
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
every week should be anti-bullying week
glousck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 2ndClass)
I don't understand what changing your avatar achieves.
It achieves about as much as sharing a "STOP KONY 2012" video did on facebook last year. Nothing.
glousck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Effy.)
There's a difference between speaking your mind and bullying
hannahchan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reporter)
how about no?
hannahchan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Effy.)
Spare me the sob story petal everyone has their problems but these same problems are the things that shape us up into a well adjusted adult. I'm just saying that sometimes people need that push to become something better.

I remember this girl that used to get ridiculed for not brushing her long blonde hair, she always looked messy. By the end of the school year she became a new person with a fresh new look and she was one of the popular kids now.

Also child? Big in front of my mates? I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, sweety.
Why should she have to change her looks or change who she is just because they bullys say her hair is a mess.

Maybe she changed because of the bullying which is wrong tbh..
Ebony19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Effy.)

So it contributes to well adjusted adults? And the ones that commit suicide... extreme example but it happens. Were they duff batteries anyway, adjustment gone wrong there?

You better hope that other things contribute to becoming a well adjusted adult otherwise I'd say you might just be in need of a good bullying yourself.

And I can bet that girl would have brushed her hair by the time she reached adulthood irrespective of whether someone bullied her into doing it or not.

You **** your pants when you were in nappies and your mum probably didn't bully you into being potty trained.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads