The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway interview advice? :/

I have an interview at royal holloway on a date of my choice. The day is called an applicant day but I'm a bit unsure what to say, what sort of questions will be asked and on the email it says 'informal' which came as a surprise? I really want to get an offer so any ideas? My course is mathematical sciences by the way.
thanks
Reply 1
Original post by ialexxd
I have an interview at royal holloway on a date of my choice. The day is called an applicant day but I'm a bit unsure what to say, what sort of questions will be asked and on the email it says 'informal' which came as a surprise? I really want to get an offer so any ideas? My course is mathematical sciences by the way.
thanks

As someone who had an interview for Maths and Physics last year (it was the same as described here: informal applicant day), the Maths portion of the interview just consisted of me being asked to do some simple differentiation (product rule I think) and draw a few simple graphs.
I got most of the questions right, but made a few really silly mistakes with things like signs.
Overall, it was pretty relaxed and seemed mainly just to check that you could do basic maths, not really something you have to really revise for or anything (although obviously get more interview stories, mine may be abnormal or something)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ialexxd
thanks

I'm planning on going to one of the applicant days too, which day have you booked?
Reply 3
Original post by pujah0ntas
I'm planning on going to one of the applicant days too, which day have you booked?

I am going to the applicant day on the 29th January :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending