How does on revise for Psychology A2 AQA A? IDEK HOW PLZ HELP MEH Watch

iLoveMyCatsx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I got no idea how to revise
Like, how do I revise? I have a test on some of the stuff we have learned coming up and IDEK how to revise for it?

I have written up everything we have done in class into documents and we were told to make plans but IDK how like I never make plans I just write what I know, so now I am making plans but I just find myself writing the notes down again which is pointless.... so IDK how to make plans too
Simply writing under a support point "[researchers name]'s study on [whatever it was done on]" is just empty to me like how would I remember? Thern I write down hints then I end up writing everything down
such a waste of time! PLZ IM FREAKING OUT!
wingscarletx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Rewriting the notes is not a bad idea.

After you've done that you can:

- make bullet points of what you can remember from the notes
- make a mind-map
- close the books and recall the points out loud
- rewrite essays then compare to previous essays that were marked by your teacher to see what you've correct mistakes (if any)
- etc etc

To be honest, I don't think revision is about finding THE BEST METHOD to help you memorize everything, but rather a combination of activities you can do to get the information imprinted in your head. Imagine a green field without any roads on it. You walk across the field, leaving a trace of stomped-on grass, but it is barely visible. Each time you use that route it becomes more defined, and after a while you'll have your own beautiful road.

That's the way I do my revision anyway. Good luck!
iLoveMyCatsx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by wingscarletx)
Rewriting the notes is not a bad idea.

After you've done that you can:

- make bullet points of what you can remember from the notes
- make a mind-map
- close the books and recall the points out loud
- rewrite essays then compare to previous essays that were marked by your teacher to see what you've correct mistakes (if any)
- etc etc

To be honest, I don't think revision is about finding THE BEST METHOD to help you memorize everything, but rather a combination of activities you can do to get the information imprinted in your head. Imagine a green field without any roads on it. You walk across the field, leaving a trace of stomped-on grass, but it is barely visible. Each time you use that route it becomes more defined, and after a while you'll have your own beautiful road.

That's the way I do my revision anyway. Good luck!
Thanks for the tips really appreciate it!
Just wondering How many supporting, criticising and IDA's, and methods points should I put into each essay?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (200)
22.55%
The paper was reasonable (403)
45.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (165)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.42%

Watched Threads