Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, as a complete idiot when it comes to working Word and laying things out, I am having problems when designing my magazine article for my English coursework.

Basically I am using three columns with a title and a picture at the top. I'm also going to insert a picture or two throughout the columns. My problem is, my pictures are moving about all over the place when I insert text and when it comes to a new column my text just carries on underneath the pictures. It's quite infuriating.

Does anybody know how I can "fix" my pictures into place so my writing goes around it? I have wrapped it as "Tight" but that's not really helping.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkProbio)
    Hey guys, as a complete idiot when it comes to working Word and laying things out, I am having problems when designing my magazine article for my English coursework.

Basically I am using three columns with a title and a picture at the top. I'm also going to insert a picture or two throughout the columns. My problem is, my pictures are moving about all over the place when I insert text and when it comes to a new column my text just carries on underneath the pictures. It's quite infuriating.

Does anybody know how I can "fix" my pictures into place so my writing goes around it? I have wrapped it as "Tight" but that's not really helping.

Thanks in advance.
    I tend to wrap images behind, then just move the text about normally.

ReputationRep:
    Right click on the image, then under "Text wrap", make it "tight", or "behind" or whatever you want. It's self-explanatory, "behind" means the picture goes behind the text, "tight" generally means 'allow the next as close as possible to the image, but do not overlap the image with text'. If there is no heading of "Text wrap" when you right click, it's typically in "Format picture" or something along those lines.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 22, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.