Glasgow 2014 accomodation Watch

tennisplayer89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hello y'all,

My name is Oliver, im 24 years old from Germany. I got accepted today for my master's program at the University of Glasgow for Fall 2014. I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about how the life in Glasgow is...nightlife, living etc. I love to meet new people and go out.
Is it better to live in a University hall ( if yes, which one) or in an apartment/house( where).

I appreciate your help...

Thank you
sophielaur
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Glasgow is an amazing city, although i dont live there i visit all the time and live a couple of hours away! The nighlife is superb, i'd say it's the best in scotland (edinburgh is good also but not as good as glasgow) Glasgow has the studenty vibe and there's always plenty going on! There's the SECC which is a big music venue and most big artists play there, there's a big variety of clubs also depending on your music taste etc. Cant really comment on living in glasgow in terms of private accomidation but the university accomidation (halls) are great. I went to the open day and looked around Murano and QM which are the two main residences and they both seemed fine (big rooms etc compared to most uni's) Murano from what i have heard is the place to go if you like to be disturbed alllllll the time but QM tends to be quieter, also both are great for socalising and making friends- hope i could help a little!
tennisplayer89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you for your answer. so you would recommend the city and school? I also got an offer from edinburgh, I am trying to decide what's best because I have no experience in either cities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Jun '19
  • University of Glasgow
    Wed, 4 Sep '19
  • University of Glasgow
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has 2019 been so far?