Bringing first website up help Watch

JaeTee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys so basically Im looking everywhere and when I settle for a business I then keep backing out I just need someone to tell me what to get as I dont know which one would be ideal for me!

What I plan on carrying out is to create a website for myself to portfolio my future web design work. Its my first time so I dont know whats best.

Baring in mind I'm not looking to pay a lot as I dont have a job yet. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction in giving me a website(s) where I can get a domain name, get web hosting, in future I hope to create a static business website for my parents and possibly host that as well.

Another question, when you buy web hosting do you get a personalised email?

Help much appreciated!
UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get you domain from internet.bs or name.com (use coupon PRIVACYPLEASE if you want to hide your WHOIS info)

For shared hosting have a look at nosupportlinuxhosting.com which is $12/year

Once you have those things, you point the domain to the IP address you're given from the web host and visits will be taken to your site. You can set up email in the control panel that they use, so yes you can have [email protected].

Once you have your hosting set up, you can install Wordpress and use that as a portfolio.

P.S. nosupportlinuxhosting.com might seem bad, but they still support hardware and network issues. they just won't help you if you email them something like "how can I make the background blue on my website?"
JaeTee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thank you for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads