Do we only need permission from ourselves to live life the way we want to? Watch

Poll: Do I need permission to live how I like as an adult?
Yes (1)
50%
No (1)
50%
Riku
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is really bugging me. I keep having to ask 'is it OK'. It's almost become reflexive. I do it to lots of things, I've started doing it to drinking green tea

It#'s quite annoying and I'm not sure whether it's a serious concern
jeejay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Be who you want. Surrender yourself to your values, beliefs, thoughts and generally, **** other people's opinion of you.
Reporter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree, I feel we have to live, how others want us to live, and as a result, have to ask if we can do such things. Is it okay if I reply to this thread?
Ceryni
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
NO.

Really, I feel like you just miss out on so much in life if you're always trying to match other peoples' ways of life. Also, how do you know what's right or wrong to do if everyone has completely different opinions on what that is? It's all a load of **** really

Just research moral nihilism or relativism, then see if you can try to understand why living by other people's view of morality is only going to end badly! : :devil:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise