Trouble with University/A Level subjects Watch

kmcg97
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I really want to study something along the lines of Media, Journalism, Communication etc at University.

I also want to do a Media A Level but the sixth form I attend aren't offering it. Do I need a Media A Level to study Media at university? Or doesn't it matter? Thanks
TheGrinningSkull
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kmcg97)
I really want to study something along the lines of Media, Journalism, Communication etc at University.

I also want to do a Media A Level but the sixth form I attend aren't offering it. Do I need a Media A Level to study Media at university? Or doesn't it matter? Thanks
Have you tried checking uni websites for information about what they require?

Unis will vary and it'll depend on what you're looking for out of the course as well.

There are some good search functions like ucas course finder that might help you find a bulk quickly, then you can look through the requirement trend
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kmcg97)

Nah its fine not to have media. Not all schools offer it.

Subjects like History, English, Geography, Politics, Economics, Classics, Sociology are all fairly good subjects for the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (39)
24.38%
The paper was reasonable (69)
43.13%
Not feeling great about that exam (27)
16.88%
It was TERRIBLE (25)
15.63%

Watched Threads