Why do girls pose and try to look pretty behind sportmen? Watch

FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I don't mean to rub girls up the wrong way (maybe inferior might not be the right word :dontknow:) but when I see something on TV from a sport news conference like this: Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1385059606.690251.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  159.5 KB

It just makes me laugh and begs the question, what use do these girls have?
To stand behind sportsman, put on a fake smile and look good with large rack?

I see this sort of thing in other sports too like F1 when the girls line up and congratulate the winner...I mean why ? What's the point? It's so cringing.

I see it in road cycling, eg last year when Bradley Wiggins won the Tour de France, didn't he have 2 pretty girls give him a kiss on both cheeks, posing for the camera...?

What are your thoughts ladies and gents? Why do we have these obviously hot girls kiss the winners of sports tournament or pose behind a sportsman smiling when in fact, they look stupid and they're just there for the looks.

Why don't we have hot guys in women sports posing behind them?
Who shot John?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Imagine if the England football team was mixed, there wouldn't be a single female on the team. We'd need 'positive' discrimination to get an even gender split. Yes females are physically inferior and thus inferior at sports.OP your gay methinks those girls that line up at hawt any hetero red blooded male should be tongues out for them.
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was faster than a lot of boys at my school :huff:

But guys are taller, have muscles and don't have boobs to contend with when running. So of course they are going to be better at sport than girls, on average. :erm:
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
(Original post by sosadsosad)

But guys are taller, have muscles and don't have boobs to contend with when running. So of course they are going to be better at sport than girls, on average. :erm:
But why have them pose behind sports men??

What's the point?
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)

What's the point?
I don't know! Maybe as an attempt to boost their 'status' ... :dontknow:
EonBlueApocalypse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)

What's the point?
Because everyone loves a pretty women to look at, that's the only reason.
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EonBlueApocalypse)
:cry:
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
(Original post by EonBlueApocalypse)
But why not have hot guys at women sports conferences? Why does it work one way and not both? You get where I'm going with this...
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Boobs aren't necessarily true - I have boobs bigger than most girls in my school
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
Boobs aren't necessarily true - I have boobs bigger than most girls in my school
:hmmm: I somehow doubt that.

Do you wear a man bra?
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Makes you pay attention to the brand the sponsor is usually promoting, it's subliminal.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Who shot John?)
Imagine if the England football team was mixed, there wouldn't be a single female on the team. We'd need 'positive' discrimination to get an even gender split. Yes females are physically inferior and thus inferior at sports.OP your gay methinks those girls that line up at hawt any hetero red blooded male should be tongues out for them.
True - the human race originally evolved with women having the caring instincts and men being heartless sporty hunks. It's evening out now though.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2ndClass)
Makes you pay attention to the brand the sponsor is usually promoting, it's subliminal.
I agree it's subliminal advertising but it's cringing too imo. They have to make the girls show their cleavage to promote something and keep us guys hooked..
9MmBulletz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Neither do some girls

Spoiler:
Show
:awesome:
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In a lot of male-orientated sports, where testosterone or adrenaline is involved, women play the part of 'decoration'. Purely objects.

It's total bullschiz but the tv officials would argue that 'sex sells'. F1 probably is the best example. High speed cars, trophies, huge audience. Their target audience would be guys, and so to keep the guys watching they put [carefully selected] women in the background, plus to give an ego boost to the drivers.

It's not that in all sports women are inferior, they're just objectified with certain sports like football, F1, wrestling etc. Well, objects and ego boosters.

If they had hot topless guys posing in womens' sports then you'll get petty groups like 'mens rights' moaning about objectifying. To hell with them, where are the application forms?
Sheepish153
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Historical reasons? Like, the typical dashing knight saving a "damsel in distress" and getting kisses of gratitude? Perhaps it's just that image that both men and women like to recreate. The whole thing with them hardly wearing anything is probably just typical of the general trend for women to show more skin :/?
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:hmmm: I somehow doubt that.

Do you wear a man bra?
No - why would I waste money on one of them - although, I do fit in a girls C cup
TattyBoJangles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sports are generally dominated by, and watched by, men.

Sex sells, innit.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
In a lot of male-orientated sports, where testosterone or adrenaline is involved, women play the part of 'decoration'. Purely objects.

It's total bullschiz but the tv officials would argue that 'sex sells'. F1 probably is the best example. High speed cars, trophies, huge audience. Their target audience would be guys, and so to keep the guys watching they put [carefully selected] women in the background, plus to give an ego boost to the drivers.

It's not that in all sports women are inferior, they're just objectified with certain sports like football, F1, wrestling etc. Well, objects and ego boosters.

If they had hot topless guys posing in womens' sports then you'll get petty groups like 'mens rights' moaning about objectifying. To hell with them, where are the application forms?
Completely agree :yes: it's sad that women in the 21st century are still being objectified but if that sells, the organisers are gonna do it! Men like the eye candy, women get paid for it...
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 9MmBulletz)
Neither do some girls

Spoiler:
Show
:awesome:
:unimpressed: :mad:
No need for that :mad:

(Original post by Andy98)
No - why would I waste money on one of them - although, I do fit in a girls C cup
Because they stop you bouncing around
Wow, you have bigger boobs than me :erm:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed