The Student Room Group

A level Physic without GCSE help! I am stuck on B

I am mature student who was allowed to go on A level Physic without GCSE Physic. Reason for this was that I had A* Math GCSE and I have really strong math skills. I haven't got problems with equations therefore I have all my home works and tests till now on grade B, low B. I am happy about this, that without any background I can score B however I need A. I willn't have A if I willn't understand physics concepts. My question is what is the best book to learn GCSE physic, and what I actually need from GCSE physic to pass A level physic?? Help. Any advice??
What course are you following at A level?

I did 21st century at GCSE and am now doing OCR A for AS and have found that most of the stuff being taught, is new to me as the 21st century course was boring.

I imagine it would help to have a basic understanding of waves as you really need it in order to understand the quantum unit
I do OCR As physic,
Reply 3
Original post by MatureIsGood:))
I am mature student who was allowed to go on A level Physic without GCSE Physic. Reason for this was that I had A* Math GCSE and I have really strong math skills. I haven't got problems with equations therefore I have all my home works and tests till now on grade B, low B. I am happy about this, that without any background I can score B however I need A. I willn't have A if I willn't understand physics concepts. My question is what is the best book to learn GCSE physic, and what I actually need from GCSE physic to pass A level physic?? Help. Any advice??

Learning GCSE physics will not help you at all- I certainly didn't remember any of mine when I took AS. It's just learning where to apply different equations really as most of them are in the equations insert. Everyone starts off getting C's and B's but it's those who revise properly who attain A's at the end of the year
Reply 4
Original post by MatureIsGood:))

Learn from a mixture of mark schemes exam questions and examiner reports. I found mark schemes are often much more succinct in answering questions than the text book and as such are good for learning the main axioms of physical ideas

Quick Reply

Latest